South Africa's tour of India - October/December 2015

grkrama

National Board President
Why would we have given away the advantage? It will be impossible to bat on this pitch in the fourth inning. They will make runs, they are also here to play

i cant see us making more than 150 in the second innings, the simple fact that duminy is htere gives them hope, imagine him out in the dressing room we would have the tail taking mad swipes and bundling out, not only that now duminy is hsowg the others how t play it here which is even more important than just his wkt, if he had been out we would have a clueless line up coming to figure out agan in second innings, we need to develop a ruthlessness to finish teams when they are down!

zwarrior

ICC Board Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Yes. Duminy is gone !

Lead of 130. Very good. If India could score 150 in 2nd innings, then, it will be nice.

PokerAce

Banned
I knew SA would struggle on that pitch, but to lost 8 wickets in the session with half hr still to go, was a bit much. Well done Jadeja and Ashwin. India too will struggle on this wicket, no doubt in the 3rd innings, but with a lead of 136, it seems India have gotten enough runs to play with.

PokerAce

Banned
Not to get too ahead of myself, but with the way SA batted in the first innings, India may as well declare and let SA have a go at chasing 136, and frankly they will struggle to get anywhere close :P

PokerAce

Banned
Just got to twitter and SA fans having a go at the wicket :P

I remember the tour to England last year, the Lord's pitch was green as they come, and India won that test, thx to Rahane's first innings 100 and Ishant's second innings spell. Then there was the 4th test, with the series tied 1-1, England gave us a garden to play on. India lost 5 wickets or something in the first session and the game was over. Yet we didn't complain about the pitch, we had a go at out batsmen and their lack of application. If you could do it at Lord's why can't you do it wherever the 4th test was? We expect and understand that the home side will play to their strength and its upto to the batsmen to counter that.

Thats the whole damn point of playing away series.

Last edited:

zwarrior

ICC Board Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
^ You are right.

If you play the same way in all the away countries, how can you increase your experience and versatility of playing good cricket? When you are in different conditions, you learn to play new shots and you learn to play in a new style. Each country has it's own conditions. To master in all the conditions should be looked upon. In this pitch, SA spinners can learn a thing or two and can have a good time. This is a good spinning track and their spinners should take advantage of that and for once should come out of shadows of SA pace bowlers. It's a good opportunity. I don't see a point in complaining about the pitch.

aditya123

National Board President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
This is really appalling quality of cricket, for a series of this magnitude. I`m sorry but even as an Indian fan, I cant justify these designer pitches.

stefan

International Coach
Pitch is terrible but you have to question the application of the SA batsman. None have been prepared to tough it out like kallis & smith used to do.

One has to question the wickets thought. Test cricket wickets are suppose to last 5 days. Neither mohali nor this one was prepared to last 5 days. Its same issue as when preparing green seamers, there is nothing wrong with preparing pitches that favor the home side but there are degrees. Wickets should still be able to last 5 days, this is not like india are able to bat brilliantly on this either they are just able to bat better then SA on it.

grkrama

National Board President
Need to score a quick 30-40 in the first 15 overs before the ball starts reversing

I cant justify these designer pitches.
this is the only pitch that can be called as that, neither blore or mohali fit in that!. its just poor lack of application by batsman that's makign it look like that

I for one really like seeing batmsan actually try to make runs in tough conditons, which is why the 50s of lax and sachin, D.Martin standout in that mumbai test over years

PokerAce

Banned
This is really appalling quality of cricket, for a series of this magnitude. I`m sorry but even as an Indian fan, I cant justify these designer pitches.

There was nothing designer about Mohali or Bangalore. They were just the way pitches are in India. Also SA really got away in Bangalore or this pitch excuse would not be available to them. They kept getting out to straight balls in Mohali and blamed it on the ball spinning. It was not spinning, just going straight on and SA batsmen were shouldering arms only for the ball to then crash into the stumps.

Then they went to Bangalore on day 1, on an overcast damp wicket, Kohli won the toss and put SA in expecting the seamers to take the wickets. SA lost 9 wickets to spinner on even that track to be dismiseed for 215. Nothing demonish about that wicket, as India were 80/0 on the same track. The rain came and saved SA from a hiding, and gave them an opportunity to use the pitch excuse here. Had India steamrolled SA in bangalore which they were on course to do, then SA would have realised just how poorly they play spin, with no pitch excuse available to them.

Its not just here, even earlier they went to B'desh and struggled with spin there. The tests were washed out, but in the ODIs they did, and finished up losing the series. Even here sure this is the biggest spinner of them all, but 8 wickets in one session !! Are you kidding me?

SA fans and team, can hide behind the pitch excuse or accept that they have no played spin well throughout the series, and this pitch just exposed them completely.

stefan

International Coach
There was nothing designer about Mohali or Bangalore. They were just the way pitches are in India. Also SA really got away in Bangalore or this pitch excuse would not be available to them. They kept getting out to straight balls in Mohali and blamed it on the ball spinning. It was not spinning, just going straight on and SA batsmen were shouldering arms only for the ball to then crash into the stumps.

Then they went to Bangalore on day 1, on an overcast damp wicket, Kohli won the toss and put SA in expecting the seamers to take the wickets. SA lost 9 wickets to spinner on even that track to be dismiseed for 215. Nothing demonish about that wicket, as India were 80/0 on the same track. The rain came and saved SA from a hiding, and gave them an opportunity to use the pitch excuse here. Had India steamrolled SA in bangalore which they were on course to do, then SA would have realised just how poorly they play spin, with no pitch excuse available to them.

Its not just here, even earlier they went to B'desh and struggled with spin there. The tests were washed out, but in the ODIs they did, and finished up losing the series. Even here sure this is the biggest spinner of them all, but 8 wickets in one session !! Are you kidding me?

SA fans and team, can hide behind the pitch excuse or accept that they have no played spin well throughout the series, and this pitch just exposed them completely.

What excuse for the Indian batsman then? As they have also struggled. Not 1 batsman has gotten a 100 in this series. Going to put all down to bad batting?

Users who are viewing this thread