Speed Guns?

Insomniac

Title Recipient
Online Cricket Games Owned
Where were the speed guns for the games in St. Lucia today?

I assumed they had been turned off for the Afghanistan game as ESPNStar didn't want the Indian medium pace bowlers to be embarassed by the Afghanis (joke), but seriously, a world cup without speed guns?

And while we're at it, why isn't this being broadcasted in HD? Disappointing stuff tbh, it was alot better in England.

One thing I did notice is that the Cricinfo commentary has the bowling speeds listed, so is it just a case of ESPN not showing them?

-D-S-B-

International Coach
I noticed this in the NZ game. The speed gun was only used in the second innings, and very few times. I was annoyed because I wanted to see Bonds speed,

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
I mentioned it somewhere, that overlays or w/e doesnt have a speed gun.

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
He bowled some pretty good slower deliveries.

But yeah, where are the speed guns? They had them for the WI-Ire match

Abhas

Retired Administrator
Yeah, Cricinfo was showing Albie Morkel and Steyn bowling at 160+
Obviously, some bug with the speedguns, hence they are not being telecast on TV regularly. probably they're testing them out or something.

P

pcfan123

Tait to Salman Butt, no run, 100.9 mph, much fuller this time, on off stump, Butt gets forward and pushes hurriedly into the off side

Did they talk about this on TV? is it official?

P

pcfan123

Its not true then, cricinfo has Nannes bowling at 60 mph now :facepalm

Nannes to Mohammad Hafeez, no run, good ball to finish a damaging over, Hafeez works it from middle to midwicket

Nannes to Salman Butt, 2 wides, looks like Butt may have briefly rattled Nannes here, who shoves this well down the leg side for a wide, Haddin can't collect so they run an extra

Nannes to Salman Butt, FOUR, 68.0 mph, and again! lovely shot, gets inside the line and flashes his wrists at a full ball, square through the off side for another boundary

Nannes to Salman Butt, FOUR, 66.8 mph, this is an excellent shot, all wrists and placement, fullish on off stump and flashed in front of point for four

Nannes to Salman Butt, no run, 64.9 mph, nothing on this one, back on to a good line and length, Butt in his crease and defending

Nannes to Salman Butt, FOUR, 66.9 mph, well the shot was born of desperation, but executed very well, Butt skips leg side to give himself room and thrashes it through point for four

Nannes to Salman Butt, no run, 65.5 mph, Nannes finds a tidy line on off stump, just back of a length, Butt tries to force it into the leg side but gets nothing on it

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Wouldn't trust in the Cricinfo screen, then had the Nannes first over at 100km/h for every ball.

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
Johnson's wicket was recorded at 64.8mph too. The speed-guns are seriously off; especially for Australia's left-armers apparently.

Users who are viewing this thread