Spin/Drift video -small- 28-04-07

legend_master

The Art of Cricket Developer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hi all,

here's a quick vid i made up showing the drift for spinners and also the new 'ball movement indicator' and the 'adjusted bowling marker' arriving late to Ponting, who plays and misses this beauty of a (drifting) leg break.

Also see if you can pick up on the new faster speed of the power bar, tho pretty hard to tell from this.

http://www.mediafire.com/?6jymmkizwxm

*edit - you may need k-lite codec pack to view this :rolleyes: - i found i could get good compression/quality from the Radius Cinepak codec

YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KijNp50fb0

cheers,

LM

Last edited:

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
legend_master said:
lol, not really, just a quick and easy PaulEye version to show the trajectory ;)
But it could be extended to show all the balls in an over at once right? :upray It certainly looks great anyway.
Just to let you know some of the screenshots that you uploaded earlier are in the Gallery at TAOC.net (albeit in a lower resolution) and the video is now on the videos page.

legend_master

The Art of Cricket Developer
whitehornmatt said:
But it could be extended to show all the balls in an over at once right? :upray It certainly looks great anyway.
Just to let you know some of the screenshots that you uploaded earlier are in the Gallery at TAOC.net (albeit in a lower resolution) and the video is now on the videos page.

Yeah, could definately be extended in that way and improved upon too...

thanks Matt for the uploadin...great stuff...

p

Kshitiz_Indian

Executive member
Paul i recommend you download SUPER from www.erightsoft.com . This converter can convert any video / audio format to any, with very advanced options for everything, even watermarking ! Try it believe me its awesome :) .

Last edited:

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Kshitiz_Indian said:
Paul i recommend you download SUPER from www.erightsoft.com . This converter can convert any video / audio format to any, with very advanced options for everything, even benchmarking ! Try it believe me its awesome :) .
The problems don't come from not being able to get it in the format, it is for other computers to play it properly. Short of DV-AVI there isn't a universal video format. SUPER itself is a fairly decent program, I use it to convert youtube videos to other formats so I can edit them easily, but don't use it for much else because its interface is horrible.
FWIW that video played fine for me in both WMP and VLC.

edit: here is something I quickly put together, that video + sound effects, though it isn't timed perfectly: http://whitehornmatt.ifastnet.com/Movie.wmv

Last edited:

yusuf_m

School Cricketer
Absolutley outstanding! The sound really adds to the atmosphere. The real question is: who is the mystery English legspinner who bowls the ripper? Phil Tufnell an unlockable player maybe?!?!?!

manee

Chairman of Selectors
It is a very good video, I love the tracker too.

One small issue, with the exception of reverse drift, leg spinners tend to drift it in.

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
That tracker system could be included in replays only, or as Matt said, Hawkeye, or use your version, Pauleye :p

Pat

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Kshitiz_Indian said:
What manee ? I thought leg spinners always turned away from right handerS !

He is talking about drift and not spin. Anyways, top work Paul..Cheers :clap

nickelless_cage

School Cricketer
Hi, Legend Master...just a silent admirer here, but i've been following the TOAC scene for quite some time now... sometimes regularly, sometimes quite sporadically.

I'm really enjoying the progress this project has been makin thanks to the hard work put in by all of ya'll, screenshots are promising and animations are very commendable as well

i'm not sure if its cuz of work in progress or not, but this is about the batsman's animation.. it involves him looking down at his bat position and then at the bowler,while the bowler's running in....my SLIGHT niggle is that the batsman tends to do that particular action a LITTLE too much.... if you would notice in this particular video...the batsman is looking down at his bat while the ball has already reached his feet (normally, the batsman is ALL eyes as soon as the ball leaves the bowlers hand, fully concentrating on the balls trajectory)....so his reaction in this particular video seems a lil startled... so maybe you could restrict the number of times the batsman would follow that particular animation.

also there seems to be a part of the animation missing during the bowler's run-up (the transition where the bowler is about to deliver...and he uses his left hand to sort of cover the ball in his right hand..) but to be fair..its only noticeable if you watch it in slow motion.... (i THINK i am making myself clear here.....or..am i ?)

ALL of these are hardly issues, even worth mentioning.. when you're looking at the broader picture this game is set to put forth...but when its a game made to represent the real game....with most of its intricacies...then maybe what i mentioned aboive is worth looking into

anyway... keep up the great work....i wish you and your Team the VERY best

Users who are viewing this thread