Spinners vs Seamers

goodwin is king

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
In general which do you prefer using spinners or seamers and who have been your best ever seam and spin bowlers?

Personally i prefer spinners because they can bowl for longer.

My best ever spinner was Mushtaq Ahmed for Sussex.

My best ever Seamer was probably bret Lee for australia although i don't normally have great seamers because i cant find them.

I'm a real fan of having spinners.

Most of the time my overseas signing is a spinner, for that for very reason that they can bowl for a lot longer periods of time.

Most of the time I sign one of the Sri Lankan ones with amazing stats, the likes of a Mendis or this guy called Seekkuge Prasanna.

Michael Monday is a legend on icc 08 as well.

In a county match against me he took 6-59 in the first innings and 9-53 in the second innings but i can never buy him.

Fast bowlers are better in the game. It's rare for spinner to average less than 30 in tests, and spinners are very rare for England in the future. A good spinner is worth his weight in the team though.

I love watching good seamers bowl. Nothing like seeing stumps flying all over the place and plenty of slip catchers. Not that I dislike watching an attacking field set for a good spinner either. Watching a good spinner out think the batsman is terrific entertainment. Seamers are the 20lb Sledgehammer whereas Spinners are more your Sonic Screwdriver.

Now there's a Dr Who reference I never thought I'd make!

Users who are viewing this thread