Spot Fixing Scandal Thread: The Legend Continues

Gunner786

Panel of Selectors
Saw posting in the series thread but would be much easier to chat about it in its own thread so I'm making this thread, still in shock but hopefully everything should be clearer in the coming hours/day.

Some links for those who don't know about all this:

News of the World pieces:

Other:

Makes you think why the manager wanted to quit (he announced it before the allegations surfaced)...

:facepalm

Here are two more articles from BBC:

29 August 2010 Last updated at 11:16 GMT
Arrest over Pakistan-England Test cricket 'betting scam'
BBC News - Arrest over Pakistan-England Test cricket 'betting scam'

29 August 2010 Last updated at 10:35 GMT
Cricket reacts to Pakistan-England Test 'betting scam'
BBC News - Cricket reacts to Pakistan-England Test 'betting scam'

Last edited by a moderator:

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Why are they being accused of fixing even after so many rumors that have managed to sprout up in recent times? Does this mean, there is really some smoke behind the scenes? This time, I expect some revelations to come out. Something tells me this could be a serious one.

P

pcfan123

It is Sai, this is way bigger than anything Hansie Crojne could have dreamed off.

ali_ed2001

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Why are they being accused of fixing even after so many rumors that have managed to sprout up in recent times? Does this mean, there is really some smoke behind the scenes? This time, I expect some revelations to come out. Something tells me this could be a serious one.

I hope it is a serious one. Every single player involved should be banned by ICC. Enough is enough.

P

pcfan123

I hope it is a serious one. Every single player involved should be banned by ICC. Enough is enough.

Big point here is that the bans need to come from ICC, not the PCB. In fact the PCB needs to be banned

sifter132

Panel of Selectors
What's Pakistan got coming up? I think it would be wise to cancel any cricket they have for the next few months and try to launch an inquiry ASAP before hopefully getting them playing again before the World Cup. I just can't see anyone taking their games seriously at present.

This will also be a big test of the ICC's powers. Will they have the balls to make the hard decisions?

subversive

Club Cricketer
"No players nor team officials have been arrested in relation to this incident and the fourth npower Test match will continue as scheduled on Sunday," said the ICC's statement.

Source

I personally think the entire series is going to be abandoned tomorrow, especially as a few ODIs coming-up were fixed (Pakistan were going to lose). The fixer told this to NOTW anyway - that the ODIs were fixed.

Last edited:

subversive

Club Cricketer
Some links for those who don't know about all this:

News of the World pieces:

Other:

Makes you think why the manager wanted to quit (he announced it before the allegations surfaced)...

:facepalm

P

pcfan123

Umar Akmal no doubt. He has been a first class prick since debut. Faking injuries and all that jazz

Pakistani Army

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
So, are the seven players as follows?
Salman Butt, Umar Amin, Wahab Riaz, Umar Akmal, Kamran Akmal, Mohammad Asif, Mohammad Aamer?

Users who are viewing this thread