Spot Fixing Scandal Thread: The Legend Continues

Times Of India is India's biggest tabloid. Stick to NDTV, Hindustan Times.

Absolutely nothing should justify cheating and betraying your own country. It's a shame that you could even think of such an excuse. Pakistani players make more than enough money with their PCB contracts to be able to live very happily in Pakistan. On top of that you add sponsorship deals, bonuses, and other prize money they win. These guys are one of the richest in Pakistan.

I didnt say it was right or wrong, i said that that was the reason.

Imagine you are accountant who gets paid 100,000 dollars a year, while others who work with you get paid 1,000,000 for the same job.

Too many times we think that players are also fans and should play with the same passion that we view them as. We dont understand that they play the game so much, their are so many wins and losses that they tend to lose track and really stop caring.

we think of them as heroes so we think the best of them. We take our best qualities and we project them to have these qualities, but infact they are just human. Human being is not a perfect being and is privy to all sorts of sins. Its important to understand that.

Quite frankly in my opinion, if they players CANNOT be charged in the court of law, then they have the RIGHT to sue the ICC for being banned. Thats my objective view. Show me proff that that video was shot beforehand, show me the time stamps, show me authenticity.

As a pakistani i rather Amir on my worldcup team then not, and i will always say what i always have believed.

Show me proof or lift the suspension. All other evidence is CIRCUMSTANTIAL!

Yasir Hameed, the Pakistan batsman, has told the News of the World that he was asked by a bookmaker to help fix a Test for ?100,000 but turned down the money as further revelations come out in the latest match-fixing scandal.

Opening batsman Yasir Hameed tells us bent teammates were fixing "almost every match". He said: "They've been caught. Only the ones that get caught are branded crooks.

"They were doing it (fixing) in almost every match. God knows what they were up to. Scotland Yard was after them for ages.

"It makes me angry because I'm playing my best and they are trying to lose."

How the ICC are now probing a FOURTH Pakistan touring player over match-rigging claims. The News of the World is not naming this player for legal reasons.

Exposing the rantings of the Pakistan High Commissioner who outrageously claimed that the News of the World had "set up" Salman Butt, Mohammad Amir and Mohammad Asif. CCTV evidence proves the meeting with fixer Mazhar Majeed took place before any "no balls" had been bowled. Dated receipts and emails also prove the money handover happened BEFORE the "no balls".

Pakistan Captain Salman Butt was warned FIVE TIMES about his responsibilities to report any irregular contact with outside agencies. And investigators have recovered between ?10,000 and ?15,000 of marked News of the World bills from the Pakistan captain's hotel room.

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/news/943390/Get-more-cricket-match-fixing-revelations-in-the-News-of-the-World.html
Wow.

They have proper proof then, bye bye conspiracy theorists.

Last edited:
Yasir Hameed, the Pakistan batsman, has told the News of the World that he was asked by a bookmaker to help fix a Test for ?100,000 but turned down the money as further revelations come out in the latest match-fixing scandal.
Hameed has denied have told ████ like this.

Well it seemed inevitable that it was bigger than just those Lord's no balls.

Tomorrow will be interesting when all this comes out!

I'm sure they have Hameed's audio tapes or something

Great the proof is here, now ban these █████ for life. They have no dignity or shame, caught red handed and still do not have the integrity to fess up.

Life Bans for all

Butt, Ameer and Asif agree that they took money from Majeed, but they are twisting it saying that they took it for some sponsorship contract. If they did it for the contract, they should have signed some papers and so the proof that they signed those papers must be submitted. I feel its all slowly coming out in the open. The players keeping mum once the controversy broke out, the pull out of these three players just before ICC suspended them, and now twisting the issue using 'sponsorship contracts'.

Wish to see the very end of this. Hope the ICC cleans it all up and gives the best justice.

Hameed denies talking to NOTW. This has the makings of a classic bollywood movie :laugh

^videos only for those who know Urdu/Hindi. He basically says NOTW is lying and he didn't talk to them about this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great the proof is here, now ban these █████ for life. They have no dignity or shame, caught red handed and still do not have the integrity to fess up.

Life Bans for all

Nothing will happen dude. ;)

boney_g added 2 Minutes and 59 Seconds later...

Hameed denies talking to NOTW. This has the makings of a classic bollywood movie :laugh

^videos only for those who know Urdu/Hindi. He basically says NOTW is lying and he didn't talk to them about this.

Hameed is another liar. :laugh

Last edited by a moderator:
Hameed probably got secretly taped and now has to deny it. I fear for him and his family, they could be in danger.

As said above Hameed was probably taped and him coming out and denying it is only going to make it worse for himself as it has done for Butt, Asif and Amir.

Hameed probably got secretly taped and now has to deny it. I fear for him and his family, they could be in danger.

Exactly. That's what I thought as well. The fear that some of the players have clearly shows that this is a big issue.

On top of that, I reckon he's breached the anti-corruption code of conduct by not reporting that he was contacted by bookmakers. Would be harsh if he got punished imo.

On top of that, I reckon he's breached the anti-corruption code of conduct by not reporting that he was contacted by bookmakers. Would be harsh if he got punished imo.

You are right; he is in breach provided the allegation is true and I'd agree would be harsh if he was punished by anything more than a fine.

Users who are viewing this thread