Story Sri Lanka aim to become the best (ICC2006)

Jaztheman

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
I decided to take on an differnt challenge with Sri Lanka to do whatever I can to make us the best in the World. My squad to tour England:

Jayawardene
Tharanga
Atapattu
Kapugedara
Tillakaratne
Waragoda
Vandort
Samaraweera
Arnold
Jayasuriya
Sangakkara
Dilshan
Muralitharan
Weerakoon
Malinga
Vaas
Maharoof
Zoysa

Good start.. Looking forward to this Jaz.

Yeah good luck Jaz. The last time there was a Sri Lankan Story it was when Plypilgrim made one :). Anyways good luck mate

Nice to see a Srilankan story after a long time :) good luck with the tour Jaz, hope this time you will not bribe the opponet ;) waiting for the 1st update

lol WC.. Jazzz.. hopefully no bribes this time like Zimbabwe thing :p Gud luck to the story :cheers

3 day Friendly against Combined University

Team: Atapattu, Sangakkara, Jayawardene, Jayasuriya, Samaweera, Dilshan, Tillakaratne, Vaas, Zoysa, Weerakoon, Muralitharan

I won the toss and elected to bowl first on a Batsmen's pitch.

They made a poor start going very slow but halfway through the first session Weerakoon got the Breakthrough. Poor 2nd,3rd and 4th Partnerships had them in poor stead on 108-4 but with their opener,Dyke, still in on 62(44) Then a decent 5th wicket Partnership of 55 before opener Dyke went just short of his century. Then a great 6th wicket Partnership of 73 left them with a chance, before the last 4 wickets fell for 90 runs. Weerakoon 5-114 and Muralitharan 4-90 were easily the pick of the bowlers with Zoysa and Vaas sharing the rest of the spoils.

With only 4 overs left on Day One I decided to go for it and ended up pleased on 23-0. A tremendous 56 ball half Century was brought up the next day by Atapattu put us in a better stead than they were before falling for 53 off 71. An opening stand of 92, helped in the amazing first session of the day in which we got 142 runs for 1 wickets and only 161 runs behind, we were in the driving seat. But the 2nd wicket Partnership fell just half way through the second session on 249-2 after a 157 run Partnership with Jayawardene going for 78(104) with Sangakkara at the other end on 110(171) before quickly falling afterwards until Tea where we stood at 342-3, what a mammoth session with Jayasuriya catching his 50 too until going for 97 with Samaweera bypassing Sangakkara's score. Straight away on Day 3 I decided to Declare on 521-4 with everyone who batted getting a 50 or a 100.

2 quick wickets ,one for each Vaas and Zoysa, left them at 27-2 with Dyke still in but then a short 40 run 3rd wicket Partnership ended with Bowen going for 17. 4th and 5th wicket Partnerships went for a combined total of 15 runs, Dyke going in the process of things. 92-5 at Lunch on Day 3 made it looked like we could easily end it in the next session at the earliest with Sajeewa Weerakoon on 2-23. Then an amazing, simply spectacular 2nd session of the day, ending up getting the final 5 wickets for just 17 runs. Sajeewa and Muralitharan both ending up with 4 wickets each in a comfortable win which we thourougly deserved.

cricket2007071413344945fz9.png

cricket2007071413365232fg4.png

SriLanka are brilliant with the bat. Everyone contributed with the bat. Nice start to the story Jazz. :cheers

3 day Friendly against Derbyshire

Zoysa out, Malinga in

I won the toss and elected to Bowl first

Malinga's third over in and Birt goes early. Adnan shortly follows him back to the pavillion after a measly 7 as Derbyshire start poorly on 19-2. Muralitharan chips in with another wicket before Weerakoon dislodges Stubbings for 2 to leave Derbyshire stranded on 23-4. France and Di Venuto both go inside 4 runs of each other but Di Venuto got his 50 so we can cut him some slack. An amazing 2 wicket maiden for Muralitharan has made them scared on 103-8. Although we lose about 37 minutes of rain a 9th wicket Partnership of 44 takes their total to 147, As they end up getting 180 all out thanks to a great effort from their tale enders. Muralitharan the pick of the bowlers once again with astonishing figures of 5-70, another 5fer to add to his collection.

A dreadful start as Kumar Sangakkara goes for a golden duck, afterwards we get offered the light but I take a gamble as we need the runs and decline the invitation to see what happens. We end up after the first day 73 runs behind them with 9 wickets in hand and considering the 2nd day looks like a batsmen's pitch we could be in for the win here. 21 minutes into the first session and Atapattu goes for 79(154) to end a terrefic 140 run 2nd wicket Partnership. Jayasuriya joins him shortly after. In the last over before lunch Samaweera is caught in front for 33(66) 55 runs ahead at lunch on Day 2 means we are going to have to pick up the run rate wuite alot. Dilshan makes a quick 12(13) A mammoth 208 run session see's Jayawardene on 143*(289) ad Tillakaratne 108*(121) Unfortunatly the 245 run Partnership ends as Tillakaratne is run out on 126(135) As Jayawardene goes for 226 it seems all is lost but Malinga makes 15 and Weerakoon 14 whilst Vaas makes an exquisit 38 which leaves Muralitharan to have a not out score of 21. Not to obvoius who I think played out of their skin in this innings, Mahela Jayawardene.

One over for them to face on Day and it is a maiden which leaves them to need 407 runs of day 3 to put me back into bat. 45 minutes of Rain in the first session hurts us a little bit but with 3 wickets we can only get better with their best capala batsmen out. And as one wicket fall they all just keep coming. 151-8 with one session in the match left to go but rain is forecasted?! In form Birt then falls quickly and then we finally wrap up before any rain can come in with both the main spinners getting 4 wickets each although Jayawardene easily deserved his Man of the Match award with his score of 226.

cricket2007071415252932jq6.png

SriLanka are in terrific form. Murali did the trick with the ball and Jayawardena continued with his good batting form.

Man, absolutely demolished them! Jayawardere is going to have a good series I bet;)

Whole Srilankan team in strong form and determination :) this tour will be awesome, nice story and great presenattion Jazy :clap

Update to come from our last friendly against Durham, Could we have our third straight 500 inngins win? What do you think?

Users who are viewing this thread