Your Cricket SS Softs & SG VS 319 Elite bat - pictures & review

Knightrider786

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I bought Gray Nicolls Oblivion Test softs so first impression on them was very positive and I really liked them but when I used them it didn't feel great. Before those softs I used SG Supalites and they felt brilliant but Oblivion Test pads weren't same as them and same applies with the gloves. So I was once again in hunt for new pads and gloves so I dropped down to Ajit and he showed me new SS 2011 softs and I really liked the look of them and I wanted them because they are new and no one around me have them (nor anyone has seen) so I bought them.

So I got the SS matrix pads (latest 2011 design) and SS Millenium pro gloves and first impression was very good and positive. The material used on the pads and gloves is much better than what used on my Oblivion softs and I loved the feel of material and finishing looks top notch. I don't have any doubt that these SS softs are not the best out there, more importantly, SS I would say is easily the best soft maker out there. Trust me I have used many many different brand softs and nothing comes close to SS.

When you wear any gloves they require break in and trust me with these gloves I did not feel anything! For a minute I did not realize that I was using new gloves. The pittard palm used on the gloves is amazing, it feels very very nice! I love the feel of it! Gloves are simply the best ones I have owned alongside SS Supertest LE.

Now coming to Pads, where do I start?! The leather used on outer face is simply awesome! The fitting on these pads is the best I have ever gotten, in the pictures they might look touch bulky but trust me when I wear them they feel great and wrap around perfectly. The straps on other pads are usually very tight and make your legs itch but these are no where like that.

Overall impression very good and highly recommended.

I have been buying a lot from Online Stockist for last couple of years these guys were so good, customer service is excellent and products are always the best quality. I would definitely recommend everyone to purchase from Online Stockist.

Please leave comments and don't hesitate in asking any questions you have got.. thanks

ssmatrixpads20111.jpg

ssmatrixpads20113.jpg

ssmatrixpads20114.jpg

Image1646.jpg

----------

After buying a dozen or so bats from Ajit Bhai (Online Stockist) I had my full trust in him and his credibility so I thought I would buy a new bat which have caused havoc in the IPL4/WC and is fighting among other brands to secure a top spot and this bat is no other than SG. After seeing many Indian players use them I was tempted to invest my money in new SG 2011 range bats.

The bat I went for is SG VS 319 Elite. The reason why I went for a mid/lower end bat was because I believe that lower end bats are good bats for its value and are worth buying them. Another reason why I went for lower end SG bat was because I know Ajit (Online Stockist) selects the bats himself and his bat selection is superb that a lower grade looks more like a Grade 1/2. All the bats I have bought from Ajit Bhai in past have been top notch and there is absolute no doubt in my mind that Ajit Bhai doesn't selected top drawer bats. So as usual Ajit Bhais service was exceptional and I would highly recommend it.

So when I received the bat and from its packaging and cover etc it looked like a superb bat which was in different class all together. After opening it one thing I really liked about this bat and SG in particular is that they are concise with there stickering. Most of the bats we see these bats are basically flooded with the stickers on the back and front which contains one big sticker which covers most of the blade so unlikely others SG's sticker planning is absolutely phenomenal. Second thing which was clearly evident and impressive was the craftsmanship and finishing on this bat. Since SG bats are made in India the finishing on this bat was better than some of the previous Indian made bats I have owned.

I had asked for a bat in 2.11 lbs with a light pickup and I got exactly what I had asked for. The pickup on this is marvelous and absolutely impressive. The handle is round whereas I made the bottom end thicker so it became a bit more oval. The feel/pickup/balance etc of this bat in my hand is very good.

I haven't knocked the bat but I had few taps and Oh Gosh! It is very very responsive and is absolute belter of a bat! The middle just flies off and I can warn the bowlers that this bat will be nightmare for them.

Hope you enjoyed the review, feel free to ask any question(s) you have got.

Thanks

MYSGBATPICTURE.jpg

allnewgear4.jpg

allnewgear6.jpg

allnewgear2.jpg
allnewgear3.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread