Star Sports Series "Heroes - Sangakarra"

PokerAce

Banned
Star Sports in India has done a series of shows on Cricketers having an interactive session with Kids. They did it mostly with India cricketers (because the language was hindi), but Sangakarra was one of the few foreigner cricketers who appeared on the show, and the show was done in English.

As Sangakarra (effectively) retired today, having played his final innings though one day's play still remains in the Ind SL test, Star Sports was showing a repeat of the Sangakarra episode. It was a pleasure to see the episode and the way Sanga interacted with the kids shows what a class act he is.

Its something that I felt should be shared so here is the video. Its a definite watch for cricket fans.

Certainly the most elegant lefty of this generation , top player, him and mahela have really carried SL on their shoulders.

Sangakkara was truly great in his business. I think being consistent in one format or for a while is one thing, and playing consistently better in all three formats over 15 years is just Sangakkara's standard. His stats seem great, also his class and ability to turn a match on own was just outstanding. Couldn't catch up his farewell but what I got to see from pictures later on, describes about a remarkable contribution to the game. Huge applause on his extraordinary career. I'd like to think, the game deserved such player.

Users who are viewing this thread