Star Wars Collection (PC)

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Online Cricket Games Owned
Just found this for an excellent price:

Star Wars: The Best of PC Collection (PC) at Gameplay - FREE UK Delivery

Has anyone here got it and what is 'Battlefront' like? Does it still have a good community?

Star Wars: The Best of PC features some of top games ever made in the Star Wars universe. This package includes Star Wars: Empire at War, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, Star Wars Battlefront, Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast, and Star Wars Republic Commando. In addition, a 14-day trial of Star Wars: Galaxies, is included in the package.

I know 'Outcast' is very old now (although some places say that 'Jedi Academy' is the game included, but I've had my eye on Republic Commando for some time now. I've never really played Empire at War. Shame they didn't include the X-Wing and TIE Fighter games, they should be in any collection that bears this name.

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
If 'Knights of the Old Republic' is the really old game from about 6 or so years ago then that is an awesome game. I remember playing a Star Wars game I had back then that was just amazing. Never could remember it's name. It could well be that.

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
I have all the X-Wing and TIE fighter games, doubt they'll run on modern PC, they were all DOS based iirc.

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
Aren't the games in this collection optimised to run on modern PCs?
The ones on this disk will run, but not the older ones. I've had a quick hunt around and I've found my original Tie Fighter disk. Going to see if I can get this game running on vista. (15 year old game, lets see what my chances are!)

Edit:

Working!

Someone has always done the hard work for you!

How to run TIE Fighter on Windows XP or Vista using DOSBox Help Desk Screeds

And here it is on my PC, having trouble getting my joystick to work though :(

Attachments

• tiecd.jpg
    tiecd.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
If 'Knights of the Old Republic' is the really old game from about 6 or so years ago then that is an awesome game. I remember playing a Star Wars game I had back then that was just amazing. Never could remember it's name. It could well be that.

It is that game. Some would say that game would be worth the entry fee alone. Has anyone played Battlefront? I would love an online Star Wars FPS, but it's not much use if the communtiy has gone out of the window.

@Kev: Why won't these dummies make us a remake of TIE Fighter/X Wing, but with a semi-dynamic campaign engine? it would be all kinds of amazing!

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
I'd certainly buy it. Most modern Star Wars flight game I have is Rogue Squadron. That was pretty cool for its time, although didnt take me all that long to complete. X-Wing, Tie Fighter and X-Wing vs Tie Fighter kept me going back for more for yonks.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
The only problem with them for me now is the linear nature. If Tantive IV gets blown to bits in a mission, I want the game to continue and find some sort of alternative storyline, instead of having to fly the mission all over again. You always knew exactly when a Star Destroyer was going to appear and drop off a load of TIE Fighters. Even if they mixed up the timing and location of these attacks, it'd add a lot to the game.

Not sure how far off this we are right now tech wise, but picture a game like Empire at War (which I'm about to try now for the first time), a game where you control huge armies/fleets, but can also choose to actually take control of any ship/person/vehicle from first person. That's a game I'd queue up for a long time to buy.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Any Star Wars fans who haven't tried Republic Commando should give it a go. It's a great game and, if played on hard, not as short as people are making out. Online's a bit rubbish though.

Users who are viewing this thread