Street Cricket!

The side of our house didnt have a wall for a wall so effectively we played Street Cricket.

It was cool because the big shots were only out if they were caught. Whilst backyard cricket is fun, i find it too restricted, i love to free the arms and smash it back over the bowler.

why don't one fo you computer/cricket nerds create a rpg game based on Street Cricket it will be like Battrick except for on the street and diffent rules

Ive played a lot of it and been hugely succesful in it with my leg spin,but I have been taunted for my defensive skills not that poor in defense but Im too defensive.Also remeber taking some diving catches,but ever since Ive moved to soccer,Ive not played much cricket,another reason being that as I wear specs I cant sight the ball well and I forget to take my lenses most of the time :p

Drewska said:
That would be great, because I went on holiday to france and all the french people laughed at me for playing cricket lool.

Yes they play french cricket...a paltry excuse for a sport.

ZoraxDoom said:
In your dreams :p

Street cricket includes a larger ground, real bats, real challenges. You can bowl real pace there. And smash cars :) And get caught by the police :)

Street Cricket>BLIC>C2K4>C2K5>Backyard Cricket ;)
There is nothing worse than C2K4. :p Personally, I've enjoyed both backyard and street cricket. Though, my greatest memories are of street cricket.

yea i know what you are4 saying about street cricket........ i am in Mississauga, Canada we play leauge cricket here..... www.mississaugaramblers.com if anyone of you wanna join our club..... and yea if any of you play street cricket i am always up for a match or 2..........

andrew_nixon said:
They don't play french cricket in France. French cricket is an English invention. They play proper cricket in France.

Really? I did not know of this.

andrew_nixon said:
Which bit didn't you know?

The bit that they played 'real cricket', not the 'french version'...seemed to me like having the name 'french' cricket implied that the french played it exclusively.

ZoraxDoom said:
In your dreams :p

Street cricket includes a larger ground, real bats, real challenges. You can bowl real pace there. And smash cars :) And get caught by the police :)

Street Cricket>BLIC>C2K4>C2K5>Backyard Cricket ;)
Sif you can't bowl real pace in the backyard. One time, I was at a mate's place, he gave me a head high beamer that went clean through a window.

I don't know anyone who doesn't wield a real bat in their backyard. Are the cops as bad as angry parents, neighbours or housemates? The cops might let you go and at the very least, probably won't try to kill you!

Standard backyard rules includes one-hand/one-bounce, so when you have (as will be typical) silly mid on/off, short midwicket, short cover, short leg, mid on/off and whereever anyone else can fit, indeed in conjunction with the six-and-out rule, only your best cricket will keep you at the crease for long periods.

I play backyard cricket all the time, with my cousins, gave me some good and bad memories over the years.

I think street cricket is played just in Pakistan and India........ isn't it??

Users who are viewing this thread