stroke enhancements - a query for ajay sagar

paul r smith

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
when producing your stroke improvement file did you re-name any rot. captures, ie the 34-a square drive?
I have renamed a number of captures, mainly to enable me to execute the attractive cut shot rot.36, i have found batting much more enjoyable and have a much greater array of more realistic strokes since i tried renaming captures, by renaming i mean as an example making 2 copies of the pull rot. ,31, deleting rot. 32 + 33 and renaming the 2 x 31 copies 32 + 33, all hook shots are now a more authentic pull, you may have done this in sip patch, i have also done this with a number of other captures, batting is much better, any thoughts?

At the moment my alterations are quite experimental, there are still a few adjustments to be made, for example i have replace the on-drive, rot. 53, with the capture for rot. 36, now when i press the joypad to play the on-drive i play the cut shot rot. 36, i have adjusted the atr. file 53 so the shot is a back foot shot that goes straight on or off side, through point and down to 3rd man dependant on timing, this leads to more lbw shouts as you get trapped in front on the back foot, this adds to realism. at the moment i am not sure that it is ready for a patch, but i can perhaps explain it to you in more detail so you too can experiment
best wishes, paul

I have produced a patch, together with stroke descriptions and information, is there anywhere i can send it so it can be viewed/tested and i can recieve feedback
best wishes, paul smith

you can send it to me at [email protected]

btw. i tried out that 36 file for 53 and it worked pretty well except for the fact that you shouldnt really play a cut shot trying to play the on drive. but it is still a great discovery.

I think it's a dirty but cool trick! i just renamed 034a to 35, now I can play the backfoot cover drive. Great!

Users who are viewing this thread