Stuttering Problem!!!

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
I am having this really annoying problem with my game its so frustrating please help.

What is happening is i load up the game and then play its all ok until i run a single or double the next ball that is bowled the game becomes jerky i can still see whats happening and play the shot but its really annoying as it causes me to misstime shots and bowl no-balls or it happens after every other over like one over is fine then the next one is all stutery this is also holding up my story or is it problem with the tours coz im doing a NZZ tour and thats where its happening?

Yeah it seems to be a memory problem. You can try the following:

1. Try and reboot your computer to free up memory.
2. Close down unused programs from your system tray and by hitting alt-control-delete.
3. Switch off your anti-virus and see if it helps.
4. If none of these help, then you can try and play the game at lower graphical settings, and observe if it speeds up appreciably.
5. Right click on my computer, click Properties and then the Advanced Tab.
Click the Performance button, and switch off "data execution prevention" under Windows XP
6. DO the same steps as before, and try and increase your system's virtual memory (or select "let windows manage my virtual memory")
7. If none of these help, scan your system for viruses and spyware.

wow thanks for the quick replys but its not like totally slow when it stutters its just blocky but oes disturb me im going to also try and see if i play normally on exibition mode ODI match and see if it works because i was earlier with two other teams and i dont think there was much of a problem but then it kept exiting out so annoying!!!

I have stuttering problems sometimes when running iTunes in the background. Everytime a song changes it stutters especially annoying whilst bowling. Cricket 2005 is very CPU intensive - and i have a pretty hot computer!!

It might also be a sound card related problem, especially if you have an onboard soundcard. Try this:

1. Upgrade your drivers.
2. Click on start, then on "run" and type "dxdiag" and press Enter.
3. Under the "sound" tab, reduce Hardware acceleration to the 2nd notch and then try to run the game. Your problem might be fixed.

One thing you can try is to disable triple buffering in the settings for your video card if its currently enabled. Triple buffering uses more memory which becomes a problem in low end graphic cards .

Users who are viewing this thread