IPL - Sunrisers Hyderabad | #OrangeArmy

Which is the strongest department of SRH this season ?

• Total voters

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
What I think would be the best XI:
1 David Warner
2 Dhawan
3 Henriques
4 Yuvraj
5 Agarwal/Hooda
6 Naman Ojha (wk)
7 Mohammed Nabi/ Cutting/Rashid
8 Tambe
9 Bhuvi
10 Mustafizur
11 Nehra

There it is. Personally I think Nabi is the best option at 7, but we do not have much batting if we unleash Rashid Khan, who is an extremely good leggie. I am also worried about Fizz because he may not be as effective as last IPL because his highese speed coming from injury as only been around 130 kph compared to 140 kph last year, which might make him easier to play as he was difficult to play because he varied his pace brilliantly.

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I think SRH did a big mistake by releasing Morgan. He is best suited for this type of format and should have been in the squad at any cost, even if he leaves midway. We could have used Williamson in his place when that happens.

Yash.

Staff Member
India
Ireland
ENG....
SRH...
QG
Melbourne Stars
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
What I think would be the best XI:
1 David Warner
2 Dhawan
3 Henriques
4 Yuvraj
5 Agarwal/Hooda
6 Naman Ojha (wk)
7 Mohammed Nabi/ Cutting/Rashid
8 Tambe
9 Bhuvi
10 Mustafizur
11 Nehra

There it is. Personally I think Nabi is the best option at 7, but we do not have much batting if we unleash Rashid Khan, who is an extremely good leggie. I am also worried about Fizz because he may not be as effective as last IPL because his highese speed coming from injury as only been around 130 kph compared to 140 kph last year, which might make him easier to play as he was difficult to play because he varied his pace brilliantly.
If the pitch is better suited for fast bowlers, I would happily bring Cutting or Jordan in the side

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
If the pitch is better suited for fast bowlers, I would happily bring Cutting or Jordan in the side
Yes, which is why I put him at 7. Though he would only come in if Henriques or Mustafizur is injured. Not too many chances for him it seems.

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
I think SRH did a big mistake by releasing Morgan. He is best suited for this type of format and should have been in the squad at any cost, even if he leaves midway. We could have used Williamson in his place when that happens.
They didn't really use him last season because he wasn't needed, just like Boult, which is probably why he wasn't retained.

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
He has not done anything significant with the team.

He did score some quick runs. If I remember correctly, he did that 2 times. Given the limited opportunity he got, I think that's a reasonable effort.

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
They didn't really use him last season because he wasn't needed, just like Boult, which is probably why he wasn't retained.

Which I think was a mistake (even though we won the tournament). Apart from Warner, Dhawan and to some extent Henriques, we don't have the firepower in our batting. And regarding Boult, he indeed wasn't needed since our bowlers (Bhuvneswar and Fizz) were doing great. But the same was not the case with our batting.

My ideal squad would have included the following 4 overseas players:

David Warner (all matches)
Mustafizur Rehman (all matches)
Eoin Morgan/Kane Williamson (rotation policy)
Moises Henriques (all matches)

Yash.

Staff Member
India
Ireland
ENG....
SRH...
QG
Melbourne Stars
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Which I think was a mistake (even though we won the tournament). Apart from Warner, Dhawan and to some extent Henriques, we don't have the firepower in our batting. And regarding Boult, he indeed wasn't needed since our bowlers (Bhuvneswar and Fizz) were doing great. But the same was not the case with our batting.

You sure about Yuvi? Although he didn't strike that big... He was consistent in the latter parts making...

zwarrior

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India

Yuvi is there. He is looking good now.

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
You sure about Yuvi? Although he didn't strike that big... He was consistent in the latter parts making...
Yuvi is there. He is looking good now.

Agree with the notion that he has started to look decent of late. But I feel he is past his sell-by-date. It would take more consistent performances to change my views on him.

On a side note, those supporter banners in the vCash shop are damn expensive. Would have loved to sport the SRH banner but it's way out of my league at present :(

Yash.

Staff Member
India
Ireland
ENG....
SRH...
QG
Melbourne Stars
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
You can still make SRH your domestic team...

zwarrior

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Agree with the notion that he has started to look decent of late. But I feel he is past his sell-by-date. It would take more consistent performances to change my views on him.

On a side note, those supporter banners in the vCash shop are damn expensive. Would have loved to sport the SRH banner but it's way out of my league at present :(
But he is still better than Dhawan.

Users who are viewing this thread