Super League XIII

lancashire666

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Leeds are playing really well atm, shame. Lol Castleford have Dwayne Chambers arriving soon, he'll be as successful as he was at NFL :D

chambers never played in the NFL, he played in some crappy german version of gridiron, there is no way he would come even close to being good enought to play in the NFL.

Dwane Chambers or Devin Hester????? Hmmm, tought one that lol

Leicester Fox

Chairman of Selectors
I know he played in the German one, I watched inside sport :p but you get what I mean I think :D

Anyway he'll be good at casing kicks and stuff I guess just he can't catch or tackle.

lancashire666

International Coach
I know he played in the German one, I watched inside sport :p but you get what I mean I think :D

Anyway he'll be good at casing kicks and stuff I guess just he can't catch or tackle.

i think he may do well attacking on the wing, but he is in a crap team so wont get much chance, he will have to defend a lot, and you know other teams are going to target him! every kick in his direction, every off load towards his wing, hes going to have to take a lot of big hits to get some respect in the game

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Its ridiculous, a bloke playing a different sport. I mean, what if Ian Botham had played league football? LOL!

Manly

Thor
Union is superior!!!

But seriously, Chambers will be terrible.
I watch the Challenge Cup Final every year, and the highlights on BBC 2 whenever I get the chance.
Looks to rough for me! :p

lancashire666

International Coach
Its ridiculous, a bloke playing a different sport. I mean, what if Ian Botham had played league football? LOL!

botham got offered a contract by crystal palace when he was a school boy because he was so good, he apparently would of been rather succesful at footy, but obviously prob not as succesful as he was at cricket

Manly

Thor

WG Grace also did more than one sport. Cricket and I believe athletics in the same day.

Hang on I'll wiki it:

"He was also a fine runner, 440yds (400m) over 20 hurdles being his best distance. It has been quoted as an indication of his fitness that on 30 July 1866 he scored 224 not out for England v Surrey, and two days later had sufficiently recovered to win a race in the National and Olympian Association meeting at the Crystal Palace."

lancashire666

International Coach
Ryan Sidebottoms dad Arnie Sidebottom played test match cricket for england as well as international football for england, and Viv richards is the only man ever to play in both the football and cricket world cup games (antigua and the Windies)

CortezTheKiller

Club Cricketer
botham got offered a contract by crystal palace when he was a school boy because he was so good, he apparently would of been rather succesful at footy, but obviously prob not as succesful as he was at cricket

I think Skater was taking the Mick. Beefy played football for Scunthorpe occasionally.

I personally doubt Chambers will make a go of it. He can motor, clearly, but league is more about the lines you run & the ability to change direction quickly. The nature of Chambers's other sport means he runs dead straight ahead. There is a precedent for a sprinter making a go of league tho: Berwyn Jones. Won a medal for GB in the 4x100m at the European Championships, then played for Wakefield, Bradford & St Helens. As a Welshman tho he'd played union as a kid, so was probably more familiar with the basics than Dwain.

Users who are viewing this thread