Swing, Spin are useless in Cricket 2004

Status
Not open for further replies.

tutsipoppy2

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
well...after playing cricket 2004.

i have noticed 1 thing that its hardly ever when a CPU batsman plays and misses.

i mean....we can hardly surprize CPU by the amount of spin or swing. no matter which type of delivery we bowl he(CPU) always know whether its an in-swinger or an out-swinger. a straight one of a lef or off break. i mean it makes the swing and spin bowlers useless.

it has hardly or even never happen that.......e.g- i bowl an in-swinging bowl at the cpu's off-stump and he mistakens it for a straight or out-swinger and plays a straight or off-side shot. rather he knows how much its going to swing and plays it to the leg side. this really pi**es me off.

I have to disagree, although i agree with the part that most of the time the computer predicts the shots, i have picked up many edges, and LBW's as the computer batsmen has miss read the delivery

I disagree too...I have picked up wickets by bowling the CPU or LBW. I find that moving the swing meter at the last moment can fool the CPU.

I too have had success bowling swing at the CPU. If you have a good medium pace bowler bowling in the right conditions, i.e. overcast and humid, then you will see the effect. I had one of my medium pace bowlers bowling in those conditions, and the out swing was very pronounced and visble, resulting in the cpu batsman playing and missing a few times.

yea...i'm not saying that its always that the cpu strokes the shot to perfection.

i'm just annoyed that there are sevral time that we bowl a delivery that is very dificult to play but cpu knows xactly how much its going to move and then BANG!!!

Will this not always be the case due to it being a computer game? I know nothing about computer programming etc but would the only way that it did not know what the delivery was going to be, would be to have to seperate programmes working independently?? One being the bowling and fielding, one being the batting??

lol perhaps i might upload a video i took with my phone, nokia 6600. its off my computer screen and it shows brett lee bowling a fullish ball into leg stump then cutting away and taking the top of off as the computer plays an attempted on drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread