Your Cricket Swinging the ball

millzyman

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hi.

I am a medium/slow (left and right)/left arm spinner (as in i can change my bowling action and pace), and when i am bowling slow (with the left arm) i have a extremely good inswinger which seems to really get to the batsman when i bowl. However i made a attempted outswinger (on a windless day) at a match and instead of producing outswing, it still swinged in towards the right armed batsman.

After reading a couple of articles i found out that my bowling action had been wrong (i was bowling inswingers holding a outswinging bowling action :S ) as i was holding the shiny side the wrong way (towards the batsman).

I would like to swing it both ways as my length and speed already allows me to take easy wickets but i would like that extra option in my bowling attack.

Thanks, i would preferably like to have practiced this within 4 hours (i got a
T20 on tonight) as the conditions right now seem quite good for swinging.

drainpipe32

Chairman of Selectors
You can't learn in four hours :p

To bowl out swingers you need more of a side on action, so practice that. That way you can get more pace as well.

Try to hold the ball with a loose action, which will get you more swing. And make sure you're always shining the ball.

millzyman

School Cricketer
lol

Yeah the whole learn in four hours was a bit of a joke. Anyhow i'll try that out. Generally i want to keep my pace low (ever thought you'd seen the worlds slowest bowler, think again :P ) as it is more deceptive.

TumTum

International Cricketer
How can you swing the ball if you are a spinner?

What you are talking about is Drift. And the ONLY direction it can go is the opposite way of where you are spinning it.

drainpipe32

Chairman of Selectors
Also, ask your captain to let you bowl into the wind. Swings way more.

Bartman178

School Cricketer
i can swing the ball wickedly and i am only 13. in wind, no wind, cloud or sun. but i don't get wickets.ball misses the stumps or the edge. but batsman can't score

blake

School Cricketer
Would you like a medal?

Surely if you are such a wicked swing bowler, at the age of just 13, you must be able to get at least one batsmen out... oh wait, the ball misses the stumps or the edge every single time?

Pardon me for being skeptical.

drainpipe32

Chairman of Selectors
Nobody gets that unlucky, unless you're bowling half volleys.

Users who are viewing this thread