T20 World Cup more exciting than 2007 World Cup in carribean?

Has the T20 championship overshadowed the 2007 World Cup in the Carribean?

• Yes

Votes: 30 88.2%
  • No

Votes: 4 11.8%

• Total voters
for some simple reasons to me this tournament has been better than the WC in the Carribean because:

1) basically more exciting, (e.g, danceing, music, presentation on sky sports - 'hi i'm kevin pietersen, right hand batsmen, my favourite shot is the block')

I disagree. The dancers aren't that great. I don't mind the music (Only because the played By The Way three times :D) but if you watch the game for a while you end up screaming at your TV. "You have already danced that!" :p

Though I quite like the "Hi I am Adam Gilchrist and my favourite shot is blah blah blah". Did Kevin Pietersen actually say his favourite shot was the block because that is absoulte rubbish.

Yeah the Twenty20 World Cup has been more exciting.

No way it'll take over ODI cricket though as watching just watching ONE Twenty20 match is worthless but watching 2 or 3 in a row is awesome.

I don't know about that. I am perfectly content having watched the India-Australia semifinal and now I have the rest of my day to do work.

World T20 >> ODI WC.

To deny that is ludicrous. Although we should probably do away with some gimmicks, especially dancers.

World T20 >> ODI WC.

To deny that is ludicrous. Although we should probably do away with some gimmicks, especially dancers.

if your differentiating purely on WC then yes t20 WC > ODI WC..
short and powerful unlike the 2 month dragging ODI WC...
but it sounds good only when done once in a while...regularly t20 matches
like the ODIs would completely ruin the standards of cricket...

no harm in having an occasional t20 match or t20 WC every 2 years or so...
but this JUST CANT replace ODIs.....

This has been waaay better than the world cup in the west indies. It's been far more exciting, there's been better all round cricket (bowlers actually affecting a 20/20 match - when did that last happen?!) and the final is gonna be flipping brilliant. India vs Pakistan - what more could you ask for? The two best teams in the tournament playing each other!! I can't wait!

Yeah.
But the WC in the WI ws probably the worst one ever.
Compare T20 to the one in 03, then the shorter one loses by a gazillion miles.

if your differentiating purely on WC then yes t20 WC > ODI WC..
short and powerful unlike the 2 month dragging ODI WC...
but it sounds good only when done once in a while...regularly t20 matches
like the ODIs would completely ruin the standards of cricket...

no harm in having an occasional t20 match or t20 WC every 2 years or so...
but this JUST CANT replace ODIs.....

I agree with you 100%.

Last edited:
for some simple reasons to me this tournament has been better than the WC in the Carribean because:

1) basically more exciting, (e.g, danceing, music, presentation on sky sports - 'hi i'm kevin pietersen, right hand batsmen, my favourite shot is the block')

2) big hitting, i like to see batsmen get on with it, i know you can't play like this in a test match but i prefer to watch crickt like this - i mean would you rather watch a batsmen leaving twenty overs of deliveries in a test match or yuvraj singh hitting 6 6's in a row?

3) more wickets, stumps uprooting and cartwheeling down to fine leg :)

4) time, its all over in a matter of hours :)

personally i think this is better than the WC in the Carribean, simply because its more exciting - more wickets, fast runs, dancers, music, its all cool. :)

Maybe It's cause I'm a yank, but I totally agree. :p I thought it was an event much more designed to inject entertainment into the proceedings for viewers...and, simply put, while India and Pakistan was a "expectable" final, it wasn't a predictable one...the Australia/Sri Lanka farce and the embarrassment that was made of the minnow nations in the ODI cup irritated me...:mad:

Oh, and KP's favorite shot can be the block, as long as it doesn't continue to be the reverse sweep. :P

T20 world cup is way!! better then the 2007 world cup in Carribean
because there is music, dancer, And more Crowd!!
and aussie out of the T20 world cup

..:rolleyes:

It's interesting the way people talk.

The result records of the three grounds in this tournament (setting vs chasing)
Wanderers: 5-0-4
Kingsmead: 5-1-2
Newlands: 2-0-7

The dancers are poor. They should do away with male dancers to make it more interesting.

Anything should be able to eclipse the farce that was the 07 50-50 WC but 20-20 cannot and must not replace the proper short format of the game.

Users who are viewing this thread