TableTop Cricket general discussion

Ricco_M

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Fantastic news to read about the Tabletop cricket release - will it be fully licensed for WC2015 ?

Hopefully this does really well and it hits the sweet spot in terms of casual gameplay/interest/price balance.

I know a few friends and guys on other forums who are holding off getting DBC14 because of the price (...waiting for steam sale ... although I've read before that BigAnt don't reduce price..), so TableTop might be more appealing to them and within the price range for more casual players and hopefully they'll be something for hardened cricket gamers too - it does look fun!

I think this could also do really well on Ipad/tablet format too and I'm certainly looking forward to read more about this and the gameplay in the coming weeks.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
@blockerdave Surprised it's not on Steam globally? Didn't know they could region lock UK out of Aus/NZ - learn something every day :)

My Big Ant Steam library's looking good... Ashes 2013, Rugby 15... they should make me a curator. If I could gift you my Steam copy I would.

I'm pretty sleep-deprived at the moment so I may have made a mistake. Pretty sure it said it wasn't available anyway :)

Sounds like I should be glad I saved the £40!!! I'll be happy to give that to you for Mark Ella Rugby 15 next year...

Chief

Panel of Selectors
@blockerdave Surprised it's not on Steam globally? Didn't know they could region lock UK out of Aus/NZ - learn something every day :)

Yeah, I think you can pick regions. According to their blurb it's out everywhere except for UK (January) and US/Canada (February!)

Chief

Panel of Selectors
I know a few friends and guys on other forums who are holding off getting DBC14 because of the price (...waiting for steam sale ... although I've read before that BigAnt don't reduce price..)

PC should set up an export business to mail out some of EB's crazy stock clearance of the special edition - Maybe someone in Australia could get that organized?

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Yeah, I think you can pick regions. According to their blurb it's out everywhere except for UK (January) and US/Canada (February!)
which has cost them 39.99 already, because i would probably have bought it Friday, but having read reviews now I doubt I will!

Chief

Panel of Selectors
which has cost them 39.99 already, because i would probably have bought it Friday, but having read reviews now I doubt I will!

The key to a sports game is to get the satisfying things feeling good. Pick what is cool and enjoyable about any sport and make sure those particular things are really enjoyable - the rest is almost padding, a journey TO the satisfying moments. It sounds like they got that bit wrong. (In Rugby, for me, the kicking between the posts is always the most satisfying part).

It's what I love about New Star Soccer (although the implementation isn't 100%): it distills each match down to a few key moments, all of which are really enjoyable and all about you.

Looks like they wasted a lot of time trying to create the "match" and let the player find the moments, rather than what they SHOULD have been doing and make sure the moments are ace and build the game around that. You see that a lot these days in console games.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
The key to a sports game is to get the satisfying things feeling good. Pick what is cool and enjoyable about any sport and make sure those particular things are really enjoyable - the rest is almost padding, a journey TO the satisfying moments. It sounds like they got that bit wrong. (In Rugby, for me, the kicking between the posts is always the most satisfying part).

It's what I love about New Star Soccer (although the implementation isn't 100%): it distills each match down to a few key moments, all of which are really enjoyable and all about you.

Looks like they wasted a lot of time trying to create the "match" and let the player find the moments, rather than what they SHOULD have been doing and make sure the moments are ace and build the game around that. You see that a lot these days in console games.

not sure you can build a rugby game around taking conversions!

las_faiz

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Canada
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Ross will TTC be released on PS Vita ? i want to play on the way to uni :P

Its been asked before and NO was the answer unless something has changed

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Well.... Rugby isn't meant to have a penalty shootout to crown the World Cup winner! (Not bitter, I hate the value put on penalty kicks, and I was a kicker myself :) )

.... and forwards are so bloody stupid, after two penalties we should cut their hands off - they don't need'em.

TSPrathik

#titanup
SRH...
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
so yes then, you WILL pirate Table Top Cricket if Ross doesn't have DRM? And you pirated Bradman up until they had DRM?
Yes, I've played other pirated games(EA Cricket 07 i bought this from retailer some 5-6 years). but never played nor pirated DBC14 on my pc. played it on my friends PS3

don't know how everyone misunderstands for one thing to other thing

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread