Taking The New Ball

Malcolm

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
If I don't take the new ball when it is offered, how do I take it after that?

I couldn't find any button or menu option to do it, and there's nothing in the manual.

Thanks.

i haven't yet had the option, but i reckon that the only time you would be able to take it after that is at 160 overs. If i'm right thats very stupid

i would presume it to be the same as in cricket2002.... you would just be asked again at the end of each over but i havent gotten to the stage of taking the new ball in cricket 2004...

I couldn't remember what happened in Cricket 2002, but I do remember there was a way to do it.

Another bug perhaps, or am I missing something?

new ball

hi you only get the new ball on 75 overs in tests and county games :rolleyes:

This is one of the last straws, this game is getting on my last nerve. It's suppose to be anytime after 80 overs..... and then 80 overs after that time. In C2002, it was kind of annoying at the end of the over it used to keep on asking you. There should be a new option appearing in the menu after 80overs......

the game will ask you after 80 overs, if you dont decide to take it, it will ask you every over after that, trust me i have seen it

Well I've only see it once after 80 overs. Where does it appear after that? Is it in a menu?

Originally posted by ausguy
the game will ask you after 80 overs, if you dont decide to take it, it will ask you every over after that, trust me i have seen it

Yeah, he's right -- a text box pops up automatically when you complete the last delivery of the over asking you if you'd like to take the new ball. You can keep declining until you decide to do so.

It looks like some people are seeing the new ball text box multiple times, and some, like me, are only seeing it once. Gee, thanks EA.

Users who are viewing this thread