Taking Wickets

cricketfan_23

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I have a bit of a problem taking wickets against the top sides. I consistently bowl outside off stump and vary the length and type of delivery but it only contains the run rate. In a Twenty20 match I am very economical but I just cant seem to take any wickets, against New Zealand or India i might only get 3 or 4 wickets in 20 overs. The batsman usually either play a cover drive, block a glance or get a faint edge which goes along the ground. Has anyone got bowling tips on being able to take more wickets against the likes of India, South Africa and Sri Lanka? I got the USA all out for 23 so I am fine against the weak sides lol

roshan_sledger

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Fine sides are a bit defensive in test at the start but also they don't fear to play risky shots. safegauard all the field. do disciplined bowling like when offside is fielded bowl it there i.e offstump or a bit outside allways or more often swinging. allways cover the thirdman and fineleg area because they play more often there. to experienced players paced non swinging delivery is candy. in one day be custom in approach i.e. cover thirdman and fineleg and most probable shots on off and legside to bowl wicket to wicket. when runrate dips down batsmen take risks. a trick to mention here is look at the scoreboard when bowling use button for more , then the summary then the batting then more to see batsman's rating point.yhis may help you to select your line. if rating is lower than 25 bowl wicket to wicket to get them bowled or lbw securing your field on covers and leg side, otherwise bowl according to field to beat the batsman. when confidence goes down the batsman may mistime the shot to give you an easy catch or get bowled (swing to decieve). you may alsohit the batsman's body to get down his confidence immediately. avoid extras. try to bowl at maximum speed. in case of spin donot bowl a single line but bowl according to field

Users who are viewing this thread