MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
NO i don't think so that planetcricket forums is more accessible and simple than DMC forums
I'm not saying that it is - I'm just saying that the comparison is between forums operating with different site software, and that this site doesn't use XenForo - the software of the forum you've pointed to, because among other reasons, it lacks features that we rely on.

We are working on things relating to the site design, and the newer version of vBulletin (an example is here) is the base for that, as well as a limiting factor in what we can do. Things like the control panel are totally inherited from the platform we run on, and it just isn't practical to change stuff like that.

Vishnu Karthik

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I'm not saying that it is - I'm just saying that the comparison is between forums operating with different site software, and that this site doesn't use XenForo - the software of the forum you've pointed to, because among other reasons, it lacks features that we rely on.

We are working on things relating to the site design, and the newer version of vBulletin (an example is here) is the base for that, as well as a limiting factor in what we can do. Things like the control panel are totally inherited from the platform we run on, and it just isn't practical to change stuff like that.

No you can switch to XenForo in the "Preferences" menu its used to be the old layout of DMC forums

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
No you can switch to XenForo in the "Preferences" menu its used to be the old layout of DMC forums
XenForo is the underlying software of that site, as vBulletin is for this one. Both sites are skinned on top of that, but they start from different points which makes a direct comparison or making things look like the other site difficult.

Bevab

Staff Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Driving a plane is better.

Vishnu Karthik

School Cricketer
XenForo is the underlying software of that site, as vBulletin is for this one. Both sites are skinned on top of that, but they start from different points which makes a direct comparison or making things look like the other site difficult.

Does that mean that you can't alter it even to slight degree ??

Driving a plane is better.

Yeah but you need to do aeronautical engineering for that!!

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Does that mean that you can't alter it even to slight degree ??
Well yes things can be altered, but they would never be the same because they operate differently and do different things.

If you can point to specific issues rather than a general one, perhaps things can be changed.

Bevab

Staff Member
Yeah but you need to do aeronautical engineering for that!!

And you need to learn driving to drive a car.

The car's easier, but the plane's more adventurous.

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
Bump!

Another request for Tapatalk integration. Now that the Board Express (uses Tapatalk plugin) app is available for Windows 8 and performs really well, PlanetCricket is the only forum out of the many forums I browse that I have to open the browser for on my PC.

Even while on my mobile I have to open the browser only for PlanetCricket, all other forums have Tapatalk integration.

I hope you reconsider your decision, Matt. Tapatalk is a great plugin for the forums and it will be of great help for users like me who use Tapatalk and now Board Express for Windows 8 too.

:cheers

----------

Oh gosh! I just noticed that Matt isn't an admin anymore. Whoever manages all this technical stuff on PlanetCricket now, please consider installing the Tapatalk plugin. Thanks.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
I'm not looking at it right now sorry. In due course was meant to indicate sometime in the new year. Basically I need to talk to Matt about it :p

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
Clearly you don't understand diplomacy, Yudi. What Colin meant to say was "no" and "not anytime soon".

billionaiire

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
It has been almost two years since. I am always on the road and I am sure not everyone on this forum have access to non-mobile platforms at all times. Tapatalk integration would be a welcome feature. The app itself has come a long way and it is quite secure in my opinion.

I would love to browse this forum on Tapatalk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread