Tendulkar Contribution to Indian team

vaibhav mehta

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
He is master!He is legend!He is a record holder and he himself doesn?t know how much?
All this Kind words for The Great sachin Tendulkar?Some people Say he is beyong the Game..Some say He looks More Bigger then Game of cricket..Some say He gave his whole life to serve Country..
And nobody have doubt??But Can you say He is Match Winner?Can you say He is more good then RAHUL DRAVID his TEAM MATE??Decide By your self?.
Heres Few Reality About Sachin Tendulkar?..May Someone Don?t Like that but that?s the truth as far as Test Cricket is concerned.
He does not deliver in Pressure situations and you can't find a single occasion when he took India home in test Matches.
India has won 25 test Matches at home and away?lets Figure out Heroes of those all matches.
Man of the Match In those all matches:::Laxman got 2 times?Kumble 4 times,Sehwag 2 times,Harbhajan 5 times,Dravid 5 times,Pathan 3 times,Ganguly-Karthik-das one time each ..
And Our Tendulkar?None.
So I didn?t mean that tendulkar didn?t contribute anything to his team But point I am trying to make out that He couldn?t Change the course of the match not even for a single occasion.
Another Intresting point is that None of Tendulkar ininngs was Featured as ?Wisden 100 greatest test ininngs?.

So Now you deside As far As Test Cricket is concerned How Usefull Tendulkar is for team??
I am not gonna talk about ODI except some of STATS:Sachin ODI averages against Bangladesh, Kenya and Zimbabwe are 50, 108 and 49.

By VAIBHAV MEHTA

Interesting...

How many matches has Tendulkar set up potential great victories for India? How many of his hundreds have come when India has won? I was also under the illusion that Tendulkar doesnt win India matches. But looking deep into the stats, he has indeed won matches for India (though he might not have taken India to until the finishing line)

In ODI's, Sachin averages 56.44 when India "batted second & won matches". He averages 56.84 when India won matches (irrespective of batting innings). He might have less innings where he single handedly won the match for India, but he has set up so many victories for India with his tremendous batting.

Ya ofcourse,In ODI i can admire him...But it was about TEST cricket and its about taking your site to home..May he helped any other player to won matches for india in tests but thats not suitable for sachin..
Other intresting stat which i forgot:He was declare only once man of the serise when its about test in abroad and that was also against BANGLADESH after 2007 world cup.

Man Of Match does not mean he has not done anything of note in that matches. When Sehwag made 309 he made 196 not out. When Indian won at Leeds he was again top scorer. He single handedly won matches against Australia in 2000 series.

Dont forget he was lone warrior and making most of runs in Indias average scoe of 300 runs in away teat matches in 90s. When other batsmen will not score runs how can you expect India to win matches aboroad. Also another reason Indid did not won matches away was the fact that they never had good pace attack which after 2000 has changed.

His best innings though came in loosing cause against Pakistan when even though he had back pain he batted on difficult pitch against Wasim Akram led Pakistan and Saqlain was at his top peak at that time.

You have looked at ODI stats against weak nations and forgot his record against other sides. How many % of matches from his 400+ matches has he even played against those sides.

I dont know which state of mind you were in when you wrote this but i hope you get up and just look at how hes batting nowdays. If you think hes good he batted twice as this when he was young.

Interesting...

How many matches has Tendulkar set up potential great victories for India? How many of his hundreds have come when India has won? I was also under the illusion that Tendulkar doesnt win India matches. But looking deep into the stats, he has indeed won matches for India (though he might not have taken India to until the finishing line)

In ODI's, Sachin averages 56.44 when India "batted second & won matches". He averages 56.84 when India won matches (irrespective of batting innings). He might have less innings where he single handedly won the match for India, but he has set up so many victories for India with his tremendous batting.

The master's 2nd innings scores are not good. I have done a detailed analysis of that. Click here

Nice work dear.actually i was also working on this stats but u presented it very well.
Anyway a small advice for you if you don't mind:try not to write always truth because that way you always getting negative reps like i am getting it now!
Your writting and vision toward cricket is so good so try something on AUSSIS OR 20-20.by that way u'll be rich of reps.

Interesting...

How many batsman have scored 41 odi and 35+ centuries in odi and test cricket respectively?Who is responsible for setting this high standard and wanting fans to demand century from him in every match?I am sick of people questionning Sachin.How much do you guys want him to prove?

How many batsman have scored 41 odi and 35+ centuries in odi and test cricket respectively?Who is responsible for setting this high standard and wanting fans to demand century from him in every match?I am sick of people questionning Sachin.How much do you guys want him to prove?

Are you agreeing with Sai or disagreeing since what he put was right?

Tendulkar has been an amazing cricketer for India for more ways than one.
He first played for India at 16 and made hundreds against England and Australia in their own countries at 17. From then to be able to carry his body through 146 test matches and 411 ODI's is really quite quite brilliant from his part. Plus the pressure that the Indian public demand performances from their cricket team and on Sachin in particular. He is also considered a god like figure in India and can't go anywhere on his own without a huge crowd of people surrounding him.

Even after all these years he is still churning runs out, maybe not as quickly as he used to but still with the same style and grace of the past.

he is by far the greatest indina crcketer ever,one who can never be replaced and the adulation he gets proves that.

Are you agreeing with Sai or disagreeing since what he put was right?

Tendulkar has been an amazing cricketer for India for more ways than one.
He first played for India at 16 and made hundreds against England and Australia in their own countries at 17. From then to be able to carry his body through 146 test matches and 411 ODI's is really quite quite brilliant from his part. Plus the pressure that the Indian public demand performances from their cricket team and on Sachin in particular. He is also considered a god like figure in India and can't go anywhere on his own without a huge crowd of people surrounding him.

Even after all these years he is still churning runs out, maybe not as quickly as he used to but still with the same style and grace of the past.
I am agreeing with him but asking this question to those who always doubt Sachin's ability.

Yes Tendulkar is amazing but one thing I don't understand, why do you refer to him as God? He's not god he's a midget who holds a piece of willow and hits a ball.

I doubt gods a midget who holds a piece of willow and hits a ball all day.

As a Yorksireman/Geordie..I look at Sachins test match batting average....and it is better than Boycotts.

Now Boyks is the benchmark for bating to me like. And yes..I do realise that the differential for batting stats between 1978 and 2008 is around 3.005%.

This allows us to postulate that...by a very small margin...Sachin is an awesome TEST batsman.....but annual differential suggests that Boyks was possibly a better TEST batsman. It wouldnt be pertinent to analyse ODI stats as Boyks didn't play in many.

BTW..it isnt too obvious that I am a retired schoolteacher!! is it?

BTW..it isnt too obvious that I am a retired schoolteacher!! is it?

Funny...
In another thread you said you taught Chemistry. In yet another one you said you were a miner and in still another you said that you fought in WW2... :eek:
Perhaps you did all three or perhaps you're just talking crap as usual.

Users who are viewing this thread