Tennis World - Smash it Up: S2 | Coca-Cola Open

Hedger, you are serving like crazy =O
You are breaking even some really good returner's of the ball!
Looks like I will need to work on my serve before I start. :spy

I won ! :banana2 And I am through to the semis...

Thanks a lot to the Sim as well as Yudi for playing at my preferred, "Grass" surface.

I made it still with Covvy and Ankur Shah chasing me, with both of them beating me earlier, which meant that I would have been out if any one of them won but it's my good luck that neither of them won.

Anyways, looking forward to the big game: the semi-finals against Shantanu. Hope to continue my winning streak into that game too...

Let me guess. i'll get knocked out in the semi finals. Anyway, first place is good. Lets make it a tournament win.

Nah. In everything, I get knocked out in the semis or the final. Let's hope I end that. Finals should be played on the higher ranked players preferred court. That way the higher ranked players get more of an advantage.

:facepalm

I've to win in semies!
Hedger VS Me:D

Delhi Daredevils (His fav IPL team) VS Deccan Chargers (My the then Fav IPL team):laugh

Binnu added 2 Minutes and 19 Seconds later...

Why? You are an Aussie, not a South African! :p

The chokers are here, to rewrite Protean history:yes

Just a question about the sim, since you are keeping it so quiet, do you adjust abilities based on people playing, or is it all just random?

Just a question about the sim, since you are keeping it so quiet, do you adjust abilities based on people playing, or is it all just random?

It is adjustable.
TBH, the sim is developed by my friend who is quite good in C, C++, vb.net, etc.
I asked him to develop a sim.

The sim contains skills (serve, return and speed). Serve and return are filled in the form, whereas speed is kept to 50 for everyone. It also has some levels for racquets and shoes, that's the reason the shop exists. Surfaces and their preference for each exists too.

The only drawback is that it doesn't export the result in the .txt or any other suitable format. So, I have to type the results manually. I don't feel the presentation is affected by it. It looks simple and classy.

My friend said that he had added the function to add commentary too, but didn't work much on the commentary thing, as I needed the sim quick.
Later, due to a trojan or whatever it is, his some (Entire "My Documents" Folder) data got lost, which deleted the source eventually.

So, we just don't have the commentary, that's it. Rest all is fine.

Anyways guys, the semi final results will be up within an hour if I get time, or else, it might take 24 hours or more as I am a bit busy. ;)

69664d1273062814-tennis-world-smash-up-signups-open-nokiaopen.jpg

Semi Finals

Players: Shantanu Ambekar, Brendon Hedger, Prithviraj C and Akash MS.

Surface: Hard

Matches:

Code:
[CENTER][CENTER]Semi Final 1: Brendon Hedger v Prithviraj C

----------

Semi Final 2: Shantanu Ambekar v Akash MS[/CENTER]

Results:

Code:
[CENTER]Semi Final 1: Brendon Hedger def. Prithviraj C: 6-4 ; 6-2

----------

Semi Final 2: Shantanu Ambekar lost to Akash MS: 5-7 ; 6-7[/CENTER]

The Grand Finale:

Brendon Hedger v Akash MS
(Coming Soon)[/CENTER]

WOW !!! 3 wins in a row (All the games finished in the first 2 sets itself !) and I am in the finals now... Great going for me here. Hope I just get another win here and take the trophy ! :upray

69664d1273062814-tennis-world-smash-up-signups-open-nokiaopen.jpg

Grand Finale

Players: Brendon Hedger and Akash MS.

Surface: Clay

Match:

Code:
[CENTER][CENTER]Grand Finale: Brendon Hedger v Akash MS[/CENTER]

Result:

Code:
[CENTER]Grand Finale: Brendon Hedger def. Akash MS: 6-4 ; 5-7 ; 6-3[/CENTER]

So here we have the winner of the Nokia Open, Japan, Brendon Hedger.

Congratulations to Brendon. He deserves to lift this trophy:

img-thing
[/CENTER]

Nokia Open is now over, and here is what the players gained and lost from this tournament.

Brendon Hedger gets 90 Points
Akash MS gets 60 Points
Shantanu Ambekar gets 60 Points
Prithviraj C gets 50 Points
Amar Nadh Varma gets 40 Points
Ankur Shah gets 40 Points
Manoj Kumar gets 40 Points
Sexy Covvy gets 40 Points
Ol?v Kr?sti?nssen gets 30 Points
Varun Rustagi gets 30 Points

As soon as 100 Points are reached, the level increases i.e (from D to C) and the points get back to 0. Again when the reach 100, level increases and so on.

Money:

Brendon Hedger: $12,000
Akash MS: $12,000
Shantanu Ambekar: $11,000
Prithviraj C: $11,000
Amar Nadh Varma: $10,000
Ankur Shah: $10,000
Manoj Kumar: $10,000
Sexy Covvy: $10,000
Ol?v Kr?sti?nssen: $10,000
Varun Rustagi: $10,000

Profiles updated on the index page.

Are you going to make a tour so that each surface is represented at different tournaments, instead of just having different surfaces at the same tournament which is un realistic?

Also, I feel that when increasing levels I agree that D -> C should be 100 points, but then from C-> B should be say 200 points so it's harder to break into the next category!

This has some great potential though!

Last edited:
Also, I feel that when increasing levels I agree that D -> C should be 100 points, but then from C-> B should be say 200 points so it's harder to break into the next category!

When one reaches a new level, the points go back at 0 and then one has to reach at 100 again to go one level up.
So, indirectly it gets to 200 points only to go to C+, not B! ;)

Users who are viewing this thread