Test Match Bowling

ScobieB

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Just wondering how everyone is going with test match bowling. My first attempt took me about 150 overs to get Bangladesh out. Now starting to find a few little tricks.

Always getting edges to the slips but if I wait for them it would take me the 150 overs. The thing that seems to be working best for me at the moment is bowling some bouncers in and waiting for the batsman to try and hook them. I have fielders at backwards square leg, square leg and deep square leg and seem to get quite a few out this way if I bowl the ball about 3/4 power.

All I seem to get though is edges and hooks to get batsman out. Never bowled a batsman yet in a test. Anyone have any tips on how to do that?

have a look at my story thread. ive bowled the entire way through that. the link is below. that covers all my dismissals. mostly they havent been bowled but occasionally you get one bowled

Great story mate...havent got a lot bowled out straight though. Would like to hear how someone manages to bowl batsman out in test cricket.

ScobieB said:
Great story mate...havent got a lot bowled out straight though. Would like to hear how someone manages to bowl batsman out in test cricket.
I'm finding it tough to bowl sides out but I think patience is the key. A lot of people think getting a team out for under 100 is very cool but doing it all the time is unrealistsic. Anyway.............to answer your question I bowled Trescothick last night in a test match. He was settled and had just reached his fifty. I had a medium pacer bowling and decided to pitch the ball on leg stump, full of length but certainly not a yorker. He played over the top of it and he got bowled. His confidence was at full as well. Obviously lost concentration.

Also, is there a batting/bowling tutorial out there that someone has written?? Wouldn't mind getting some tips to get more enjoyment out of the game.

Since I posted this Ive improved. Most of my wicket have come from hooks which have been caught on the onside, by my square leg and deep square leg. A couple have come when the batsman has skied it.

Only playing Bangladesh but actually managed to bat a decent score, for me anyway 265 all out.

I've found that off cutters can get you more edges then any other type of bowling. Just keep the ball on and arround the off stump and short of length but not bouncers. Ball should reach the batsman just below the shoulder. Then surprise the batsman by changing the pace or bowling yorker. I got a few batsmen out bowled like that because then the batsman either plays a bit early or a bit late thus resulting in his downfall.

Users who are viewing this thread