The AI against spin

Ken Tremendous

County Cricketer
I play on Legend AI, hard batting hard bowling and for love nor money can the AI play spin.

Leggies, offies, doesnt matter, i can rip through them with ease, bowleds, bat pads aplenty with the odd LBW thrown in.

Its more pronounced on spinning decks i.e. dusty or dry granted but even on green or standard pitches they still struggle in the main.

Is this just a flaw in the game that cant be fixed or is there anything in the game that can be done about it?

WickeySticket

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Canada
I've noticed. I'm bowling with everything at the most difficult I can make it, as far timing and all that, and turned down bowl influence to 33. Not so bad. Settings still work in Progress

Ken Tremendous

County Cricketer
To be fair most of my games have been test matches in the sub contintent, so i wonder if the tracks are playing a large part.

Ill play another test match on a standard or grassy deck and see if the AI handles spin better on those sorts of pitch...hope so.

LiamCobra

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
I found bowling to be more balanced when you put the bowling difficulty on the hardest. Smaller margin for error, which makes it more likely for you to bowl a ball that misses your desired mark, giving the AI a scoring opportunity. Bowling on hard is a bit too easy because you can put the ball where you want it 90-99% of the time, which is a far cry from bowling in real life.

Ken Tremendous

County Cricketer
I found bowling to be more balanced when you put the bowling difficulty on the hardest. Smaller margin for error, which makes it more likely for you to bowl a ball that misses your desired mark, giving the AI a scoring opportunity. Bowling on hard is a bit too easy because you can put the ball where you want it 90-99% of the time, which is a far cry from bowling in real life.
May well be something i have to consider - thanks.

WickeySticket

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Canada
So I did the regional super 50 tourney with 40 bowl influence and bowling all at the hardest levels. 100 on everything. They would clean me up every game usually out batting me in 42ish overs. Mind you I was using the worst team. I started over and put bowl influence to 75 and had wicket chance at 26 from 25 (my original setting) and cleaned up in bowling, fast and spin. used a better team though but still. They started hitting really well then they were all out by the 33rd over.

So I'm splitting the difference for next game. 53 bowl influence and I put wicket chance back to 25.

Joel88thrum

School Cricketer
To be fair most of my games have been test matches in the sub contintent, so i wonder if the tracks are playing a large part.

Ill play another test match on a standard or grassy deck and see if the AI handles spin better on those sorts of pitch...hope so.
Sub continent tracks to tend to spin a bit these days :lol

Users who are viewing this thread