The barmy Army

abaddon_67

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hey fellas ..
Me a newbie to this site .. And i must say .. SOme heavy posting going on ova here .

Now something I ve always wanted to know .. What does the Barmy Army exactly chant ? I ve tried a lot .. but just dont seem to get a word.
And don't those guys have jobs to look after ?
How do they manage to travel with the team to every damn country ?

Bunch of fools. I don't reckon they chant anything, probably just a load of loud mumbling :p

Good thing Australia doesn't have a Barmy Army, they'd be screwed now these IR laws are coming.

And where does the Barmy Army name come from actually? I mean why are the English supporters are named like that?

There was a lot of 'jerusalem' in the Ashes. And when we were in the Windies Mick jagger was at the ground so they started singing his songs :D

I remember the Old Trafford test against West Indies last year, I was sat with the Barmy Army and it was a brilliant experience.

All the songs started near us, all the mexican waves and plus it was also fun to throw paper at one guy at the front of the stand who stood up and started chanting "United, United"

Also had fun trying to get Sarwan and Lara to give us a wave, Vaughan did! :D

This is one of their main songs that ive had the pleasure of singing along too :D

One Guy: Everywhere we go
Everyone: Everywhere we go
One Guy: The people want to know
Everyone: The people want to know
One Guy: Who we are
Everyone: Who we are
One Guy: Where we come from
Everyone: Where we come from
One Guy: Shall we tell them
Everyone: Shall we tell them
One Guy: Who we are
Everyone: Who we are
One Guy: Where we come from
Everyone: Where we come from
One Guy: We are the Army
Everyone: We are the Army
One Guy: The Barmy Barmy Army
Everyone: The Barmy Barmy Army
One Guy: We are the England
Everyone: We are the England
One Guy: The Mighty Mighty England
Everyone: The Mighty Mighty England
and then everyone chants Michael Vaughan?s Barmy Army! over and over!

Last edited:
Sureshot said:
There was a lot of 'jerusalem' in the Ashes. And when we were in the Windies Mick jagger was at the ground so they started singing his songs :D
I'll take the Stones over some crappy hymn any day.

There is too many songs to tell you all the ones we sing! :)

Go explore the official Barmy Army website to see a full list.

The other day .. During the Mumbai - SA one dayer at ****hede Stadium , Mumbai .. The whole of North Stand kept on shouting 'Rapist .. Rapist' as soon as Ntini made his way towards our stand .. All he could do was salute the crowd .. Good fun that was.

And every time Nel would stare at the batsman the entire stadium would start calling him a LOOOSSEERR ..

abaddon_67 said:
The other day .. During the Mumbai - SA one dayer at ****hede Stadium , Mumbai .. The whole of North Stand kept on shouting 'Rapist .. Rapist' as soon as Ntini made his way towards our stand .. All he could do was salute the crowd .. Good fun that was.
Pretty pathetic if you ask me.

ZexyZahid said:
And where does the Barmy Army name come from actually? I mean why are the English supporters are named like that?
English supporters would pay insane amounts of money to stand topless in the rain for a day if the cricket was off. So they became known as the Barmy Army because they followed England anywhere and through anything. Not all English supporters are called this. Just the group. Now they are a company!

abaddon_67 said:
Hey fellas ..
Me a newbie to this site .. And i must say .. SOme heavy posting going on ova here .

Now something I ve always wanted to know .. What does the Barmy Army exactly chant ? I ve tried a lot .. but just dont seem to get a word.

A good bunch of people from all backgrounds who support England all over the world through good and bad times and long before some jumped on the cricket is the best thing since sliced bread bandwagon this summer.
Usually spend test matches mocking Aussies with references to balls and chains, inferior currency, and the royal family that we share (much to there annoyance) and a certain blonde haired leg spinners misdemeanors.
Not everybodies cup of tea but the general consensus is the team appreciate there support and they add a bit of fun to the day and are harmless enough.
I might be wrong but i think the name was given to them by the members of the press during the 1994-1995 ashes series.

abaddon_67 said:

And every time Nel would stare at the batsman the entire stadium would start calling him a LOOOSSEERR ..

WOW don't you Indian's know how to have fun.
Was it free entrance for idiots day or something?

Last edited:
The Barmy Army Chant

Hey fellas ..

The Barmy Army Chant goes: We are the Army, The Barmy Army, And we are mental, And we are mad, We are the the loyalest, Cricket supporters, The world 'as ever 'ad.

I don't get a word of what they say, but I think they add a lot to the atmosphere.

Hey fellas ..

They aren't really saying anything, just shouting drunken mumbles.

----------

Wow, didn't realise this thread was 5 years old............first of all, how do people find these threads? And then why do they bump them?:facepalm

first of all, how do people find these threads? And then why do they bump them?

1. With the search button.
2. Because people get pissy when you create a thread that has already been done. In this case, it may have deserved a new thread, but usually people get pissy that there was a thread about it and then they created a new one.

Vicious cycle.

Users who are viewing this thread