The Best Cricket Game Ever

bestcricketgame

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hello,

A couple of weeks ago I released my first ever app. It's a cricket game called "The Best Cricket Game Ever".

Rather than most other mobile phone cricket games, I've tried to create a real cricket experience that has nervous tension from exciting game play, you have to come up with effective strategies to win. and there is a strong element of randomness so that each game is both different and interesting.

I found with most other games (even those labelled 'the best there is') that even the randomness between deliveries is so tiny that it makes for a boring game. For example if you bowl the ball in the same spot, you'd only ever get a couple of different results. With my game, if you try to bowl the ball in the same spot, you won't even have it bowled in the same spot each time. There will be a random variaton on where it lands, and sometimes you lose full control and it goes anywhere. Because that's the way real cricket is too...

It works full screen on any iOS or android phone or device.

You can get direct links to the Google or Apple Store Here:
The Best Cricket Game Ever - Download

I've been getting about 10 downloads a day, but precious little (no!) feedback. I hear that's a good thing, because you mostly just hear from people when there are problems. But I'd really appreciate any comments on the game. I'm a cricket fanatic, and I can play it over and over again because I get a lot of exciting games and close finishes. I hope you enjoy it too.

Thanks!

Last edited:
I'll try it out mate when my cellphone is back from servicing :)

BTW, the best cricket game ever tag is reserved by Ashes Cricket 13 :p

Hi Zhuorb,

There will be a free version I promise. At the moment we're just working out a few issues before releasing it to the masses :)

cheers

I can't buy using a credit card(Dad won't allow me as he thinks it isn't safe and I don't wanna mess it up either) so sorry can't try it, if possible you could upload a demo/trial version of the game so that we could review it and hopefully give you a detailed feedback. Thanks. And yeah good luck.

I can't buy using a credit card(Dad won't allow me as he thinks it isn't safe and I don't wanna mess it up either) so sorry can't try it, if possible you could upload a demo/trial version of the game so that we could review it and hopefully give you a detailed feedback. Thanks. And yeah good luck.

Hi yashdude, the game is free now. You can download and play on any Iphone or android device. The Best Cricket Game Ever - Download has links to both the Itunes and Google play stores.

This game is very different to the others out there. I think you have to be a bit of a cricket purist to enjoy it. All the other games have detailed graphics and animation surrounding the ball delivery and shot. My game is a lot more about employing the right strategies and tactics to win a game of cricket. If you're this way inclined, it is a much more compelling game than the others out there. Unfortunately for my sake the other games probably appeal to the masses more, but if you love cricket and the tactics involved, you will have nail biting games time and time again with this one.

You can never master it, like you can all the other games! If you get your timing right on the shot, you can still get bowled out because the game takes into account various data like the pitch conditions, the line and length of the delivery (and even the movement), and also the ratings of the batter and bowler.

For instance, if a top bowler comes in with an inswinging yorker to your tail-ender, there's a good chance you'll be out lbw or bowled even if you time your shot right. But you can reduce this chance of getting out by employing smart tactics, in this case making sure your tail-end batsman's mood is not too aggressive. Whereas if you try going over the top to such a delivery, you've increased your chance of dismissal.

And best of all you can react to the ball and change your shot as it's coming down the pitch. In every other game, you get to see where the ball is going to land before the bowler even starts his run-up. WTF is that about :)

I think my game is a lot more realistic and fun with these traits ... but that's only if you're a cricket purist and understand all these intricacies of the best sport on earth :)

I hope you enjoy it and will deeply appreciate any feedback!

thanks

Last edited:
Thank you for considering my request and adding up an trial version of the game, will try it out and post a detailed feedback very soon. :)

Last edited:
Whenever the match starts a message comes with some licensing error and the game gets stuck

It works fine when internet is switched on. Probably they want to gather user statistics as it starts? Not sure. Or maybe because of the video ads.

Whenever the match starts a message comes with some licensing error and the game gets stuck

Hi Paree,

Thanks for the feedback.

We're using Google's anti-piracy licensing. This problem should only happen if you didn't download it directly from the google play store. I can't imagine why you wouldn't have done that though - can you shed any light on the matter?

thanks

----------

It works fine when internet is switched on. Probably they want to gather user statistics as it starts? Not sure. Or maybe because of the video ads.

I believe it's meant to work with the internet switched off too, but please let me know if that's not the case?

I believe it's meant to work with the internet switched off too, but please let me know if that's not the case?

It doesn't. Completely sure. Just to let you know that I did download it from the Play Store (only that I was on my laptop and hence did it from here rather than my mobile).

even i downloaded it from play store.(with my Android emulator) every game works fine in it but only this game showed some problems

okay well i'm going to remove the licensing if it's causing problems. I don't think piracy should be a problem for a free game :)

I'll let you know when I've done this, it will probably be 24 hours by the time I've made the update and it's upload and refreshed in the play store.

By the way, my experience with the android emulator (I use bluestacks) is that the frame rate is a lot lower than on a real phone, which results in a slow game experience and is quite annoying. It's much better on a phone or tablet.

Hi Guys,

The latest version is now in the google play store, with no licensing requirements.

Please be brutally honest in your appraisal.

My opinion is that my game is a lot more fun to play than others. But I know a lot my shortcomings, and I'm looking for not only criticism but also suggestions to improve the usability of the game.

99% of feedback I get is from people that think the game is brilliant and they love it. But clearly I'm not connecting with a lot of people, because the game has a high uninstall rate. I think some people just 'don't get' the game, which probably comes down to usability problems. And rather than giving feedback, they just seem to go away (which seems a bit odd to me. some of the more popular games out there have a lot of feedback from people that complain about a lot of things and uninstall the game).

Anyway, I'm rambling. Have fun :) I hope you enjoy it.

Users who are viewing this thread