The Death of EA-Cricket2005

I'm still enjoying this game. The patches that are out are of great quality.
Thanks to these guys im still playing. If it wasn't for the patches Cricket 2005 would be full of dust :D

cheers i just wanted EA to release an officialy licensed world cup game in 2003 instead of 2002 but it wasn't worse but when u compare it with c2k5 it is only good in gameplay but on the other hand graphics are gr8 of c2k5

OK I will agree that the patches have improved ck2005 vastly I think its the things out of peoples controls that annoy me, like the speed of infield and accuracy of their throws. There are some nice tries out there, its hard to say which is best one, I liked little bits of all but none were perfect, I used Boss's, Tutsies and eddies patches. Thanks for trying guys some really good efforts though.

I would also like to say as a LCCC and England fan a complete and upmost congratulations to Pakistan who have truly outplayed us in the test series and again today humbled our boys in the 2nd O.D.I.
Its hard to believe but we were totally outplayed, Salman Butt at only 21 is a fine young player. You've replaced Moin Khan with an excellent player in Kamran Akmal, Shahid Afridi is quality (shame he did the pitch thing) and Shoaib Akhtar has been outstanding for you. With great batting by Mohammad Yousuf and some fine spinning by Danish Kaneria its was too much. I've left the best till last , Inzamam-ul-Haq , what a fine captain he is a superb batter and never failed to reach 50 in any innings that is unstoppable.
Enough praise now, I still think the 1 day series is ours at 3-2!!! 8?()

Oh lastly, forget buying Brian Lara's. I played the demo after a 3 hr download and it was awful, nothing other than an arcade game. I guess only the graphics deserve praise in this one. It was terrible Im afraid.......

Six-Hit said:
Oh lastly, forget buying Brian Lara's. I played the demo after a 3 hr download and it was awful, nothing other than an arcade game. I guess only the graphics deserve praise in this one. It was terrible Im afraid.......

Nice to see youve come round!

I enjoy Cricket 2005, I think that everyone who says it's terrible just refuses to believe that EA can make a good game.

its a little hard to believe that NBA 06 , NHL 06,FIFA 06 and "cricket 05 " are made by the same game company .

avk2love said:
its a little hard to believe that NBA 06 , NHL 06,FIFA 06 and "cricket 05 " are made by the same game company .

ditto.

but i believe that 'overall' c2005 is best cricket game so far.

As far as I know, NBA Live 06 and FIFA Football 06 were designed by EA Canada, and Cricket 2005 was designed by HB Studios. They are different companies.

SkateBoarder said:
As far as I know, NBA Live 06 and FIFA Football 06 were designed by EA Canada, and Cricket 2005 was designed by HB Studios. They are different companies.

That would be correct. Both the EA Sports Rugby and Cricket (from 2002 onwards?) series are made by HB Studio's, except 'Rugby' which was made by The Creative Assembly.

Thanks stevie. You will all forget about Cricket 2005 and Brian Lara International Cricket 2005 when the brilliant new video game 'The Cricket Project' is released next year!

Yeah, the strokes in C2005 are veru unrealistic, esepcially the mile wide straight drive, and the stand and swing the bat through very low pull shot. Its impossible to hit a short ball, unless of course you want to get out. The square drive is unhittable, the cut is simply a method to chop onto your stumps, late cut for spinners is a shuffle across the crease do it hits your body, normal sweep is nearly unhittable, etc etc, one can go on, the swing of the bowling is the wrong way around, and unrealistic, the celebrations are out of a rap show, the throwing is worse than anything i have ever seen, need i go on????????

Users who are viewing this thread