The Derbyshire Challenge

Griffo

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Seemingly the biggest challenge ICC has to offer, Derbyshire are TERRIBLE! Ive started a file with them and have found early sucess. If youve tryed this before and have any hints or tips on any players please post in here

I started my file and released alot of players and put all my money into Training, Youth and Physio so they were 50k each, here is my player movements:

Released
G.Ballance
T.Birt
P.Borrington
M.Di Venuto
L.Goddard
R.Browning
G.Smith
G.Welch
A.Botha
W.Rankin
W.White

Releasing Goddard is the only move I wouldnt make again because quality keepers are hard to find but I dislike him so I did it anyway :p

Signings
I.Westwood
D.Hussey
J.Sadler
A.Hall
W.Bragg
C.Henderson

My recommended overseas signings would be a quality bowler (tough to get one for all season in the first year) and a very good batsmen. Andrew Hall has scored runs down at number 6 as well as being my top wicket taker, very much a bits and pieces player but he does both very well. David Hussey was the only overseas batsmen I could see that wouldnt make the World Cup, he hasnt scored a century yet for me but ive heard he can be unstoppable.

You ideally need 3-4 more batsmen and especially an opener, I picked Westwood because he was young and would be there for a while and he is now my top run scorer. You need a back up keeper if you release Goddard and Bragg was the only other one around at the time. You need a spinner for when you play teams that have a great spin attack like Northants (Panesar, Brown) so I picked up Henderson who is lethal in the right conditions

Ill keep updating this throughout the season

Why would I use it... Its Glamorgan

I have played with Derbyshire.What I did was just play through the first season with bad results,then get good players from the contracts in the next two season and I won the challenge trophy in 2010 and better results in the end.

i recommend.

I.Westwood @ opener
D.Hussey @ 4
J.Sadler @ 3 or 5

Hussey at 4 so he dosen't get into the game to early.
But if you get a good start in OD maybe promote him to 3 for the match.

Ive played that exact line up

Westwood
Stubbings
Adnan
Hussey
Sadler
Hall
Wagg
Pipe
Henderson
Lungley
Dean

Im not new to this game, ive played it since the PS1 version :p I just smashed Scotland by 8 wickets to take me to the top of the table with 4 wins from as many matches

I have played with Glamorgan, took a few seasons to get them decent and that was on easy!

Ive lost Hasan Adnan to an injury and its killed my momentum, David Hussey has begun to score runs but my bowling form has been dipping and struggling to pick up wickets

Sadler just got injured before the twenty20 comp, Taylor has come in and belted runs scoring more than 50 in every innings so far. I came third in the one day regional cup thingy :p and im currently 3rd in the County Championship Div 2 after drawing with Essex.

My bowling just isnt strong enough

Last edited:
When I had a go at Derbyshire, Adnan was always a run scorer in the big games. I'm surprised though that Kevin Dean isn't taking more wickets, he normally is good on ICC. BTW how is Westwood getting on?

Dean is 2nd top wicket taker behind Andrew Hall at an average of around 31, was in better form but has just slipped recently, Westwood has slowed down alot, David Hussey is now top run scorer after two consecutive centurys

Users who are viewing this thread