Editor for Cricket Captain 2021 (Release)

weetabixharry

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
@weetabixharry I can't seem to run the editor in a tournament game, there's no difficulty restrictions on it anyway. It's working fine on the 2020 version, not so much on 2021.
I haven't played the game in a while, so I can't remember if the editor is supposed to work in tournament mode. If tournament teams are not eligible for online play, then it should be possible to find a way to get it working.

weetabixharry

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
Would it be possible to know when the editor for CC 2022 will be released?
I would guess not for a month or two at least. The internal data structures of the game have changed significantly this year. From my perspective, the updates to the game in 2022 are by far the biggest for many years. I'm working on it, but it's going to take time.

Adnanleft

School Cricketer
I haven't played the game in a while, so I can't remember if the editor is supposed to work in tournament mode. If tournament teams are not eligible for online play, then it should be possible to find a way to get it working.
I believe they added tournament teams to online play in 2021 but they lack a difficulty setting. Although I could be wrong, I will look into it further.

vgupta1192

School Cricketer
It is working for me. Please provide more details if you want help.
Worked for me now.
I was trying on the initial game screen.
Thanks for the editor.:)
but one issue i am facing, I am getting below error when I am trying to implement 'Auto Coaching' from editor in coach and physio screen.

error.jpg

I am using windows 11.

Last edited:

weetabixharry

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
Worked for me now.
I was trying on the initial game screen.
Thanks for the editor.:)
but one issue i am facing, I am getting below error when I am trying to implement 'Auto Coaching' from editor in coach and physio screen.

View attachment 267745

I am using windows 11.

Yes, this issue was reported already and will be fixed.

bairstowmadness

School Cricketer
Hey weetabixharry - having a little trouble with the Scout/Editor for ICC 2021. All players are showing up with bat/bowl ability & potential as zero - do you know if there's a way to fix this? Running 21.04

fastbowler85

School Cricketer
Hi @weetabixharry,

I'm just curious with your editor, if I was to update some players does this carry over to all new games going forward, or is it only valid for a current save game?

Thanks

weetabixharry

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
Hey weetabixharry - having a little trouble with the Scout/Editor for ICC 2021. All players are showing up with bat/bowl ability & potential as zero - do you know if there's a way to fix this? Running 21.04
They have been deliberately removed at the request of the game's developers.
Post automatically merged:

Hi @weetabixharry,

I'm just curious with your editor, if I was to update some players does this carry over to all new games going forward, or is it only valid for a current save game?

Thanks
It only applies to the current savegame.

Luke Allison

Club Cricketer
I would guess not for a month or two at least. The internal data structures of the game have changed significantly this year. From my perspective, the updates to the game in 2022 are by far the biggest for many years. I'm working on it, but it's going to take time.
Just wondering how you are getting on now, saw you got given the game a few weeks in advance last time, guessing you aren't getting as much support as last time

Users who are viewing this thread