Scout for Cricket Captain 2018 (Release)

weetabixharry

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
England
Are you planning to do a version for the latest Cricket Captain 2020. I hope so :)

I have bought Cricket Captain 2020, so we will have something better for 2020 than we did for 2019.

The first priority will be the Editor. The Scout is probably easier to update for 2020 than the Editor, but it goes against the ethos of the game's developers. (They believe that hidden attributes make the game more realistic). They could be right - I've been trying to decide for about 20 years and I still don't have a clear opinion on this. There will eventually be a Scout released, but I might delay it for some time so people can play the game normally first.

In general, I don't rush to release anything too quickly. I think people need time to play the game in its "pure" form and gradually think about what small things they would like to improve in the game. Ideally, I want the Editor and Scout to prolong enjoyment of the game after people start getting a bit bored of playing normally.

If you have any suggestions for what you would like to see in the 2020 Editor or Scout, please share them anywhere here in the forums.

Prashanth S Kharche

Club Captain
@Prashanth S Kharche Thanks - I think I hopefully found the problem. Please download and try Scout 2018.09-03.

Hi @weetabixharry just used the Scout Editor for CC 2018 and players list loaded. However, I get a message that only 4000+ players loaded out of 7000+ players. Is that normal?

Secondly, in the filters section, I tried to change the batting skill and ability of all the players of a nation (for eg Afghanistan, Middle order batsman) to 1,000. I'd assumed that this would change the skill and ability of all middle order batsmen of Afghanistan to 1,000 but the screen just went blank and I had to exit. When I loaded the player list again, nothing had changed. Is that normal or am I not using it right?

weetabixharry

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
England
@Prashanth S Kharche This is probably a bit confusing because I haven't written any documentation. I think the important point to explain is that the "Filters" menu just changes which players appear in the player list. If no filters are selected, then all players will appear. If you set the "Player Type" to "Bowler", then only bowlers will appear. If you also set the "Nationality" to "Afghanistan", then only bowlers from Afghanistan will appear. Setting the filters does not edit anything in Cricket Captain, it just changes the list of players in the Scout.

So, to answer your questions specifically:

Hi @weetabixharry just used the Scout Editor for CC 2018 and players list loaded. However, I get a message that only 4000+ players loaded out of 7000+ players. Is that normal?

This is normal. By default, the retired players are filtered out. If you go to the Filters menu and clear all filters, you should see that all players are shown.

Secondly, in the filters section, I tried to change the batting skill and ability of all the players of a nation (for eg Afghanistan, Middle order batsman) to 1,000. I'd assumed that this would change the skill and ability of all middle order batsmen of Afghanistan to 1,000 but the screen just went blank and I had to exit. When I loaded the player list again, nothing had changed. Is that normal or am I not using it right?

If you set the Minimum Ability filter to 1000 and the Maximum Ability filter to 1000, then only players with exactly 1000 ability will be shown in the player list. I guess no Afghanistan middle-order batsmen have exactly 1000 ability, which is why the player list was emptied.

There are only two ways to edit players using the Scout:
  1. Double-click any player in the list to launch the Editor for that player.
  2. Use the Randomization menu.
If you want to set all Afghanistan middle-order batsmen's batting ability to exactly 1000, then you can follow these steps:
  1. In the Filters menu, set Nationality: Afghanistan and Player Type: Batsman (middle order).
  2. In the Randomization menu, select Mode: Absolute. Set Batting Ability Min: 1000, Max: 1000. Click "Apply".
If you don't want exactly 1000, but approximately 1000 - 1200, then just set Max:1200 instead.

Please ask if you want any more examples.

Prashanth S Kharche

Club Captain
@Prashanth S Kharche This is probably a bit confusing because I haven't written any documentation. I think the important point to explain is that the "Filters" menu just changes which players appear in the player list. If no filters are selected, then all players will appear. If you set the "Player Type" to "Bowler", then only bowlers will appear. If you also set the "Nationality" to "Afghanistan", then only bowlers from Afghanistan will appear. Setting the filters does not edit anything in Cricket Captain, it just changes the list of players in the Scout.

So, to answer your questions specifically:

This is normal. By default, the retired players are filtered out. If you go to the Filters menu and clear all filters, you should see that all players are shown.

If you set the Minimum Ability filter to 1000 and the Maximum Ability filter to 1000, then only players with exactly 1000 ability will be shown in the player list. I guess no Afghanistan middle-order batsmen have exactly 1000 ability, which is why the player list was emptied.

There are only two ways to edit players using the Scout:
  1. Double-click any player in the list to launch the Editor for that player.
  2. Use the Randomization menu.
If you want to set all Afghanistan middle-order batsmen's batting ability to exactly 1000, then you can follow these steps:
  1. In the Filters menu, set Nationality: Afghanistan and Player Type: Batsman (middle order).
  2. In the Randomization menu, select Mode: Absolute. Set Batting Ability Min: 1000, Max: 1000. Click "Apply".
If you don't want exactly 1000, but approximately 1000 - 1200, then just set Max:1200 instead.

Please ask if you want any more examples.
Perfect. Worked flawlessly. Now I'm desperate for a scout for CC2020

Users who are viewing this thread