Editor for Cricket Captain 2018 (Release)

weetabixharry

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
England
Hi @weetabixharry did you find any more interesting hidden attributes of players?

@Prashanth S Kharche Weirdly, the method I used for finding bowling aggression didn't work for fielding ability. As far as I can see, Ground Fielding training and Catching training both change nothing in the player data. I feel like I must be missing something simple, but I re-tried several times and found nothing.

I worked more on team selection and I was able edit the selection of my own club team (even selecting players from other clubs to play in my team). There are still some tricky details to solve, but I think this is a big step towards being able to edit the selections of any team (not just your own team).

Last edited:

Prashanth S Kharche

Club Captain
@Prashanth S Kharche Weirdly, the method I used for finding bowling aggression didn't work for fielding ability. As far as I can see, Ground Fielding training and Catching training both change nothing in the player data. I feel like I must be missing something simple, but I re-tried several times and found nothing.

I worked more on team selection and I was able edit the selection of my own club team (even selecting players from other clubs to play in my team). There are still some tricky details to solve, but I think this is a big step towards being able to edit the selections of any team (not just your own team).
Awesome! I think selection of opposition team will go a big way in maintaining the realism of the game

weetabixharry

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
England
@weetabixharry I think selection of opposition squad (before commencement of any series) is more relevant, rather than selection of the XI. I doubt we can ever be allowed to do that.

Everything is possible, it just takes time to figure it out. The main problem is that I'm only one person. If we had more people experimenting with Cheat Engine, then we would be able to make much faster progress. A decade ago, there were loads of people trying different things, but now it seems to be just me.

Prashanth S Kharche

Club Captain
Everything is possible, it just takes time to figure it out. The main problem is that I'm only one person. If we had more people experimenting with Cheat Engine, then we would be able to make much faster progress. A decade ago, there were loads of people trying different things, but now it seems to be just me.
I can imagine! I just wish I knew how to work the cheat engine. Would have loved to help buddy @weetabixharry Let me know...

Prashanth S Kharche

Club Captain
@weetabixharry, in cheat engine there seems to be Batting ability, batting potential and "batting ability level". Same in bowling. Does this attribute matter? In the sense, will the ability level higher mean the batsman / bowler won't perform worse than their ability but better than their potential?

weetabixharry

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
England
@weetabixharry, in cheat engine there seems to be Batting ability, batting potential and "batting ability level". Same in bowling. Does this attribute matter? In the sense, will the ability level higher mean the batsman / bowler won't perform worse than their ability but better than their potential?

I think this is a mistake that was created many years ago. "Batting ability level" is actually just one of the "Batting ability" bytes. Therefore, changing "Batting ability level" is the same as changing "Batting ability". There is no point in having both.

In those days, we thought "Batting ability" was 2 bytes. So "Batting ability level" is always exactly floor("Batting ability"/256) (where floor() means rounded down).

mimf

School Cricketer
what is the address(in memory viewr) for contract length?
ive used the thread from 2008 to find this but i have no success. the address that was mentioned only changed english county contract lenght and does not work for other domestic teams

mimf

School Cricketer
ive used the thread from 2008 to find this but i have no success. the address that was mentioned only changed english county contract lenght and does not work for other domestic teams
in reference to cricket captain 2018

weetabixharry

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
England

I don't know what "memory viewr" is. Back in 2008, we were using ArtMoney and CheatEngine to find memory addresses, so maybe you are referring to one of those. Any useful addresses that we know about are already in the Editor. Therefore, if you can't find something in the editor, then it means we haven't found it yet (and this thread is the correct place to request it).

Your question is not clear, but I guess you are saying there is a bug in the editor and "Contract Length" is only working for English county teams. This is definitely possible because I do almost all of my testing in the English leagues.

I will look at this issue today.

weetabixharry

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
England
@mimf Thanks for reporting this. I have checked and you are right. The contract information (Contract Length, Salary and Salary Demand) are stored at separate addresses for the different domestic leagues. I have found the addresses for the other leagues and I will add this to the editor. I will try to make the editor automatically detect which league the player is playing in, but if that isn't possible then you'll have to manually select it in the editor.

Users who are viewing this thread