• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Now we have all seen over the last month the great drama that enfolded in Indian Cricket with Rahul Dravid been appointed as skipper for Sri Lanka tour and now Sourav Ganguly is back at the helm for the Zimbabwe tour.

It is also common knowledge that John Wright as well as Greg Chappell want Rahul Dravid in the hot seat.

I acknowledge their views as Dravid's batting remained un affected during his captaincy tenure.

Who according to you should be the Indian Skipper for the future ?
:cheers

No drama for me. Ganguly is the best man as a captain. And that has nothing to do with his current form. He makes good decisions in the field.

He's aggresive but non-performance cannot be tolerated .
Indians are losing ganguly's form is bad.
even steve waugh and wasim akram were sidelind by their respective boards.

Last edited:
Dravid, although i don't really see them play alot but Ganguly never seems to impress me.

I am real big fan or Rahul Dravid, but I must admit he isnt a very good captain. Confused man he seems, and often clueless.

Interesting, looking at the 3rd Ashes Test, to see what the over rates look like, with respect to Ganguly. I think we have been getting 70-80 overs a day in this Ashes, aside from the rain delay. What kind of over rate has Ganguly been getting punished for?

Personally, I think noballs are accounting for a lot of long overs. A bunch of fast bowlers with long run-ups probably doesn't help it either.

ZexyZahid said:
No drama for me. Ganguly is the best man as a captain. And that has nothing to do with his current form. He makes good decisions in the field.

I agree with u mate, Ganguly is the best captain. I love Dravid but i think he is not that aggressive as " dada (Ganguly)".

kalyan said:
I agree with u mate, Ganguly is the best captain. I love Dravid but i think he is not that aggressive as " dada (Ganguly)".

Dada used to be aggressive but not any more. He's really slow. Do you remember how many balls it took him to score 50 in SRL?

And, Sourav Ganguly is best as captain to me.

I'd say dravid and i'm sure ganguly wont mind giving on field advise

Ryand said:
I'd say dravid and i'm sure ganguly wont mind giving on field advise

I feel if Dravid is made captain, Ganguly should be made vice captain. This would work better than Dravid being made captain and Sehwag being made vice captain.

But Ganguly the captain, is always good!

It really hard to choose because Ganguly is a better leader, but Dravid seems to feel no pressure in his performance even while being captain.

I agree about Ganguly not being agressive. He used to score at a consistent S/R of 75%+. Now regadless of his S/R, he rarely gets to double figures.

I think that Dravid should be give one more chance to prove himself. Maybe he might be as good a captain as ganguly.

Dravid has captained india and has not get his credit for that.
He has only captained the team in abscence of ganguly.

However there is one question in my mind.
Why did the selectors not make dravid the temporary captain for the lanka tri nation like they did when the team was in pakistan ?

It was under dravid that india won its first test in pakistan.he skippered for the first 2 tests.why not adopt the same policy in the trei series too?

iceman_waugh said:
Dravid has captained india and has not get his credit for that.
He has only captained the team in abscence of ganguly.

However there is one question in my mind.
Why did the selectors not make dravid the temporary captain for the lanka tri nation like they did when the team was in pakistan ?

It was under dravid that india won its first test in pakistan.he skippered for the first 2 tests.why not adopt the same policy in the trei series too?

may be they did not want dravid to have the insecure feeling of captaincy during the series. its better when you feel insecure of losing the captaincy after the series rather than losing the captaincy in between the series. The latter is not a good sign for the team. It sends the wrong signals to the opposition.

Users who are viewing this thread