Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Roofrom50

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Cricketdudemad

Votes: 7 30.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Its hard for me as I am waiting for the club game.

To think you lot didn't want me as you thought I did not post enough!

Don't worry gentlemen, as soon as the season starts and we start beating everyone left right and centre then the thread will be active.

Fake

Look up fake in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.Fake means not real. For example, a document or other object created to look like a real object that exists or could exist, or a performance where an event is played, or untrue statements. Or a person who tries to be someone they're not by dressing and acting differently from their true selves.

Applications include:

fun, art, use as a toy
for example, a film or play shows fake events, where actors show fake emotions, and where fake objects are used
an insult used to describe a person who lies, pretends to be something they are not, does not have an opinion of their own or pretends to like things he or she does not
deception
a forgery (a false document or picture)
a counterfeit (of an object)
a decoy
the same purpose (partly or fully) as the real thing
meat analogue
imitation fur
artificial leather
fake gun: can be used to threaten, e.g. in a robbery; for this reason fake guns are often prohibited, unless clearly distinguishable from a real gun
Reasons for using a fake object instead of the real thing include:

the real thing does not exist, including:
a document trying to prove something which is not true
a fantasy object
a fake version of an object may be:
more easily available
less expensive
less dangerous (e.g. a toy weapon, or a weapon prop)
less heavy
not requiring to kill an animal (meat analogue, imitation fur)
legal while the real thing is illegal
not requiring a license
decoys of a military target either require the extra effort to distinguish them from the real thing or make destruction less efficient by the need to destruct the decoys too; decoys are less expensive than the real thing; especially for missiles it is also important that they are less heavy; also they may be inflatable and therefore before deployment have a small volume; in the case of arms limitation agreements an advantage is also that they typically are not limited.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread