The penny has dropped

Benauds appreci

Club Cricketer
Playing the game on PS2. Have been playing on easy/medium levels for ages.
Decided to play a 50 over match on difficult /hard level,mainly just to re-inforce how bad I am on this level. Up to now I had only ever batted an innings and always autoplayed the bowling part. (to be more precise..I batted an innings and then usually switched the game off in disgust).

Anyway...I batted and got into the usual problem of not managing to hit the ball with any decent timing or conviction....scored 54...pathetic!!!

Now I would normally switch off and start cursing...but decided to see the humiliation through to the end..First thing I noticed was that the oppo batsmen start with zero confidence (unlike on easy/medium). Next thing was the batsman were misstiming shots and a few were flying through the slips area. I started to get a few wickets...and the batsmen werent managing to slog me all over the place. To cut a long one short, I WON the match by 6 runs!!!

It's taken me nearly 3 years to realize that the gameplay on this level is more realistic than on the others.:(

Lesson learnt.......don't autoplay opponents innings when bowling/fielding.

Just one question.....is the game difficulty that is saved in my profile the same difficulty for batting/bowling in the nets?

Thank you.

punterpupnroy

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I am not entirely sure. But i did notice a difference in the difficulty once when i was playing matches on a harder difficulty. But i always thought the bowler just did a few good bowls in the net practice.So i am not 100 certain. But it is a certain possibility.

Benauds appreci

Club Cricketer
I am not entirely sure. But i did notice a difference in the difficulty once when i was playing matches on a harder difficulty. But i always thought the bowler just did a few good bowls in the net practice.So i am not 100 certain. But it is a certain possibility.

Thanks for the reply..I suppose that the only way to find the answer is to change the diiculty levels in the profile...go to the nets...and give it a try.

While I'm on here...because I play on PS2 version, (so therefore no patches unfortunately) I have ried to reduce the annoying run out bug when fielding by trying to keep fielders away from the short mid off/on areas as these are the main areas that the bug seems to manifest itself. The payoff being that the batsmen can snaffle many singles from shots to these areas.

The game Isn't perfect by any means..but it is much better than C05 and I also prefer playing it to playing C07.

punterpupnroy

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Yeah same i do not get patches because i play on the PS2. Still good though. Because the PS2's controls are excellent. Yeah anyway give it a try. I may sometime today as well.

thesweepmaster

County Cricketer
If i'm honest, I think this is the best cricket game EA have made, I also have it on PS2 and I'm exactly like you, Benauds Appreci, I always played in easy to medium level for about 2-3 years but when i tried the hard level, i lost but realised that it was more realistic than the other levels.

Benauds appreci

Club Cricketer
If i'm honest, I think this is the best cricket game EA have made, I also have it on PS2 and I'm exactly like you, Benauds Appreci, I always played in easy to medium level for about 2-3 years but when i tried the hard level, i lost but realised that it was more realistic than the other levels.

All I can say is keep playing the game...and never autoplay the bowling/fielding because if you do that..then you will be chasing big scores.

Let us know how the games go.

thesweepmaster

County Cricketer
Originally Posted by Benauds appreci
All I can say is keep playing the game...and never autoplay the bowling/fielding because if you do that..then you will be chasing big scores.

Let us know how the games go.

Cheers, Benauds appreci, I will keep you up to date with my games, the great thing is though, I've just got this game on pc which is even harder especially with the patches.:)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread