The Planetcricket Battrick Champions League 07/08

Briggsey

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
bannerzz0.jpg

The Planetcricket Battrick Champions League will bring together 28 of the best Battrick teams on Planetcricket to battle it out to see who really is the ultimate champion. The League is scheduled to last 10 weeks and will consist of:

Preliminary Group Stages
4 groups of 7 teams meet once with the top 4 in each group advancing

1st Knock Out Round
The 16 teams who advanced compete for a place in the Quarter Finals

Quarter Finals
8 teams battle it out for a Semi Final place

Semi Finals
The 4 winners will fight for the 2 spots in the final

Final
The finalists will meet to decide who is the enougral Planetcricket Battrick Champions League winner.

The group stages will last for 6 weeks. With the groups being oddly numbered, each member of the group at some point will have a week off. The groups have been drawn up and can be seen below.

leaguesqv7.jpg

The first fixtures will be posted up this coming Sunday (18th) and will commence the Sunday after (25th)

Good luck to all and let the Champions League commence!

angryangy

ICC Chairman
to augment (excuse the pun) jdeus' concept, you could build knockouts and playoffs out of the losing sides.

In the u-19 World Cup, the quarter finals separate into two competitions. The top 8, still competing for the World Cup, enter the Super League. The eliminated bottom 8 compete for the Plate Championship.

The winners of each group of quarters go into the semis. The losers go into a play-off semi for bragging rights. Then, the winners of the semis go into the Plate and Super League finals, while the losers play the respective play-off finals, deciding 3rd and 4th.

Briggsey

International Coach
to augment (excuse the pun) jdeus' concept, you could build knockouts and playoffs out of the losing sides.

In the u-19 World Cup, the quarter finals separate into two competitions. The top 8, still competing for the World Cup, enter the Super League. The eliminated bottom 8 compete for the Plate Championship.

The winners of each group of quarters go into the semis. The losers go into a play-off semi for bragging rights. Then, the winners of the semis go into the Plate and Super League finals, while the losers play the respective play-off finals, deciding 3rd and 4th.
I think we'll keep it standard like this for now and get more complex when the competitions merge and the serious business kicks in! This is only a stop fill gap while the Shield finishes. The top 28 active and established PC teams competing in a Champions League format, without the home & away legs (which was something I was considering doing, but decided against)

ste_mc_efc

Chairman of Selectors
how are the knock out rounds drawn?

is it random, or seeded

if seeded is it using the current seeding, or from the position in the group stage?

Shevchenko

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
Sounds like a swell tournament to me, though I fancy The Falcons to take the tournament...anyways good luck to those other teams

Pak_cricketer

Chairman of Selectors
Sounds like a swell tournament to me, though I fancy The Falcons to take the tournament...anyways good luck to those other teams

Its divided pretty equally and there are contenders. Briggs, Umer, Assasins and Everton being the competition. BUT, I do (will) have a surprise up my sleeves. ;)

Left_Hander

Chairman of Selectors
Great! I have the touranment favourite in my group. I do like the concept and this tournament doesn't seem that long (for me anyway :(). That means we won't have tons and tons of PC friendlys. Nice work :thumbs

Briggsey

International Coach
how are the knock out rounds drawn?

is it random, or seeded

if seeded is it using the current seeding, or from the position in the group stage?
The knock out rounds will be drawn completely randomly from a hat. Much like the FA Cup draw. No seeding involved with them.

Shev why dont you enter your team into the main tournament coming up after this one? Yours a quite a talented bunch!

Its divided pretty equally and there are contenders. Briggs, Umer, Assasins and Everton being the competition. BUT, I do (will) have a surprise up my sleeves. ;)
Everton being the PC League Champions are naturally favourites. I think my group is the hardest. Old Wulfs with Gilroy and co, BFN with Samuel, then the outsiders with talented players in Rabbitohs, Mongooses and Baggy Blues. Have to be firering on all cylinders to go through but im pretty confident :)

Last edited:

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Cool looks like a good concept. No hope of making it past the first round I'll be lucky not to finish last.

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Cool looks like a good concept. No hope of making it past the first round I'll be lucky not to finish last.

Similar thoughts for me too. :) May be first from bottom ;) Anyways, its going to be a good challenge for my team to play the big guys. Good luck to all.

The Spin

Panel of Selectors

The team that I beat last week? ;)

I agree, the groups are nice and even and it will hopefully throw up some surprises (in my favour :p)!

I am nicely confident for my group. I expect a good 2nd place finish behind Everton, who are afterall the Champions currently

If people want a secondary competition for knocked out teams then I think I can organise that as the Plate competition, if Briggsey is happy with that

Users who are viewing this thread