The "undroppables"

haha :) thats awesome.... I wonder if it will work with

WHY DOENS'T COLLINGWOOD SCORE 400 IN EVERY GAME HE PLAYS FOR ENGLAND, AND TAKE 20 WICKETS IN EVERY MATCH - ALL CAUGHT AND BOWLED?

Well, Trott, Strauss, Colly and Swann are fine but Prior??

Umm...yes, Prior. He's an attacking strokeplaying batsman who bats at number 7.

I may not be sure about Trott and Colly, but the other three fit.

Trott can't do anything in a session, maybe make 20 runs at most

Um..... yes.....
Do you ever watch England?

I`ve seen enough of English cricket to know that Trott cannot take the game away from anyone in one session. When you talk of guys taking a game away in the matter of a session, you talk of people like Gilchrist, Hayden, Sehwag and Co. I`m not sure if Trott, Colly or even Strauss fit into that category of batsmen.

aditya123 added 1 Minutes and 40 Seconds later...

Trott can't do anything in a session, maybe make 20 runs at most

:laugh

England (batsmen) do have good sessions, but it's rare for them to bat in such a way they take the game away from opposition. Pietersen could, Flintoff could, but the rest tend to be more measured in their approach.

I seem to recall Flintoff against South Africa in 2002 taking the game away from the opposition with 95 off 104 balls (12 fours, 4 sixes) I'll have to cheat a bit as I can't remember if that was one session. Flintoff's innings as I recall was touted as many for being the match winner, although Trescothick's 219 (off 570 balls) set him up for his cameo.

Flintoff 95 vs South Africa (Oval 2003)

Came to the crease at 480/5, Stewart LBW to Pollock for 38 after 130.5 overs. Flintoff was out for 95 after 158.4 overs

The match ended on day three at 140 overs of the England innings with Flintoff 10no so he added 85 runs in the morning session in just 18.4 overs. At the start England were slightly ahead, by the end of his cameo England were in box seat and South Africa never recovered. By the time they had cleared off the 120 run 1st innings deficit they were five down, Harmison and Bicknell doing the damage (the latter never played as much for England as he should have)

Users who are viewing this thread