Things are uptight around here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Online Cricket Games Owned
Being quite new to these forums, and coming from other forums, one gets the opinion that the forum administrators around here are pretty angry people.

When people get pushed around it leads to revolution.....administators please respect everyone equally and not pretend you are in some massive power position becuase at the end of the day its just a forum made for people to enjoy not to exploit others. And please don't go and angrily respond to critisism by bannings because a dictatorship never works. In a democracy everyone gets a say and leaders must learn to respect peoples concerns and opinions. Or else things go down hill.

Last edited:
There are two things you got wrong here: (1) this is not a democracy and (2) the administrators don't have to pretend that they are in some massive power position because they actually are. After all, they pay for everything, have set up the forum, etc. Who are you to tell them how to manage it? If you are so convinced that people are going to leave this forum all at once, why don't you just let the invisible hand guide it?

People come and people go and being a member far longer than you are, I can promise you that the people who don't like it will leave but the people who are willing to adapt to it, recognize that is just one online environment where people can share opinions about cricket but a good one at that, will stay.

Being quite new to these forums, and coming from other forums, one gets the opinion that the forum administrators around here are pretty angry people.

When people get pushed around it leads to revolution.....administators please respect everyone equally and not pretend you are in some massive power position becuase at the end of the day its just a forum made for people to enjoy not to exploit others. And please don't go and angrily respond to critisism by bannings because a dictatorship never works. In a democracy everyone gets a say and leaders must learn to respect peoples concerns and opinions. Or else things go down hill.
Hi...First of all welcome to the forum.

Now, Have you been around the forums yet? By just looking at the thread recently created named "Alot of people banned lately" you cant say that people on this forum dont have the freedom to voice their opinions. I have been here for 2 years and have never had any problems on here. They do ban people for some reason.

I was banned from using signature because of the size after 3 warnings. I have never felt dictatorship on this forum. This is a perfect forum although at times the adminsitrators are a little bit strict, they mostly allow people to voice their opinion.

If things were supposed be going down hill, this forum would not be where it is now. And even if the admins are strict, and the forum is still in a very excellent position, then it means that it is a great forum created by the excellent hard work of the admins.

Personally I think that the problem has been so overdramatized. Whereas I was disappointed with moderating at the time of the original post by Duff, I believe that it has improved immensely since then, and the fact that Duff has returned is a testament to that.

I think that there has been a fantastic improvement and I congratulate all the moderators.

It's true that without decent moderation, chaos would ensue.

Not all the members are Co-operative My Friend. You Cannot Judge The Admins By Just taking look at them and Members topics about People Getting Banned.

Whatever They do, They Have a Reason Behind it. I don't see Admins see themselves over the others. Because Ste, Zim, Steve, colin....All are Very Experienced Members and You know what?....They Talk to Some People Very Strictly Because They want every one in the correct path and they don't want anyone To go in a Wrong way.

Well, As Far as I Consider, They're Too Good for Admins.:D.

I believe that the administration are doing a fine job - and without them, there would be no PlanetCricket. If members don't follow the rules, they will be dealt with accordingly. It's as simple as that.

I strongly agree that there has been a vast improvement regarding moderating so hats off to them. In my 4 years at PlanetCricket, I'm happy to say that not one member has been punished incorrectly. If you want to avoid criticisms, I suppose you will need to relay your feedback in a constructive manner. I know from experience that it is a long, dark road if you don't. ;)

I believe that the administration are doing a fine job - and without them, there would be no PlanetCricket. If members don't follow the rules, they will be dealt with accordingly. It's as simple as that.

I strongly agree that there has been a vast improvement regarding moderating so hats off to them. In my 4 years at PlanetCricket, I'm happy to say that not one member has been punished incorrectly. If you want to avoid criticisms, I suppose you will need to relay your feedback in a constructive manner. I know from experience that it is a long, dark road if you don't. ;)

Exactly right. The rules are their for a reason and if broken to a certain extent, you will be given the appropriate action.

As Duff correctly says we need the rules here at Planetcricket or else you who knows what will happen.

If break the rules minorly you will be warned and if you are warned multiple time then you will be given mod preview or even a ban. Does that not sound fair?

The moderating has improved greatly since it was as its lowest in May. The banning of Culli will hopefully cut the ridiculous amount of spam.

I give the mods here 100% support. I think that someone with as few posts as you does not really have a right to judge the admins here.

If you don't like the way they work, leave. Otherwise enjoy the forum. I'm not meaning to be harsh, but with a forum of this size there needs to be some sort of control, and if that means bannings, so be it

The moderating has improved greatly since it was as its lowest in May. The banning of Culli will hopefully cut the ridiculous amount of spam.

I know this has been said alot, but I think the spam has been because the superthread has been closed.

If that was open, I think you'd find that there would be less amounts of spam on the forum and it would all be in the one thread.

I also think that if Stu and Animator have been banned, I think matt (evo) and Will (NA) should also be given a short ban. They are culprits as much as those 2.

I don't understand why people feel the need to spam because the superthread has been closed. Thats no excuse. A couple of off topic posts here and there is fine but, you are not supposed to spam in any thread. We have a Shout Box which can be used for any off topic talk or spam. Regarding the topic, this is not a democracy. There are rules in place and members are supposed to follow them. If they don't, action will be taken against them. The forums can't be run successfully if we don't enforce the rules.

In all honesty, too much is being made of it.

The admins and mods are in actual fact not tight enough, they let members like Culli and Evo swear, spam and ruin the forums, and i make no apologies for naming names.

Yeah agreeing with AbBh what is the need in spam?

There are rules everywhere and you need enforcers. You can't go out onto the street and start abusing people so there is no point in saying it is not a democracy, as it is a democracy but you just have to have rules. The original post sounds to me a bit like communism

I don't understand why people feel the need to spam because the superthread has been closed. Thats no excuse. A couple of off topic posts here and there is fine but, you are not supposed to spam in any thread. We have a Shout Box which can be used for any off topic talk or spam. Regarding the topic, this is not a democracy. There are rules in place and members are supposed to follow them. If they don't, action will be taken against them. The forums can't be run successfully if we don't enforce the rules.
I have nothing to add to this thread or quote.

I think they are doing a fine job to be honest. The whole host of new moderators have helped this. Well done to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread