This "wides" bug is killin' me, help me out here!

souljah

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I am playin' 50 overs game and its been ten overs but computer's already thrown 21 wides. Its just buggin' me that I make 10 runs and computer gives me other 15 to add into it. Is there any fix to to this bug? By the way I'm using AI v8 patch.

Strange Im using the same patch and havent had a wide bowled against me in 12 Overs.

No wide, that is wierd, because i just installed this patch and playin' a game on Hard pitch, sunny day... but the computer is constantle givin' me wides. I don't know whats the problem but its just wierd to have like 20 runs given to you freely w/o earnin' them.

Yeah the comp plays tight against me. No wides so far a few byes that cruised for four. Straight through the keeper but as of yet no wides.

i'm playin' austrailia... and i'm pakistan. Its a world series on a medium mode.

I've found I don't get as many wides now. Probably due to Ravi's patches I guess. But, I do still get good balls that beat both the bat AND the keeper and go to the boundary for 4 runs. Usually, its when the ball is swinging a bit.

same here i was playin exibition match at hard level no AI patches and cpu bowld 20 wides is 5 overs..its so annoying i decided not to play....ne fixes?

Originally posted by naynesh
same here i was playin exibition match at hard level no AI patches and cpu bowld 20 wides is 5 overs..its so annoying i decided not to play....ne fixes?

What kind of wides were they?

1. Over the head?
2. Down leg/off side?
3. Other?

If they're number 2, do what BarmyArmy said

yeah it was OFF side, mostly leg side, and sometimes Bouncers were also given as wides...ahahah wat a funny game!!!

which option do i save for the cursor size? the options are only ODI esy, Odi hard, test normal...etc and CPU 50 overs pacing....

Last edited:

most of the wides are on offside and leg side. wides that go for 4 are occasionals... so i'll live with that but its the offside wides and leg side wides that are killin me. And about that cursor size, how do i make it small using cfg editor.

well.......its early days now but i think i've found a way to fix the 'byes' bug.

well i'm not letting anything out now as to how i did it....coz i've got to test it for 1-2 matches more.

i've got to test is first properly just to see if its successfull coz i don't want anything against me if it didn't worked out.

Im playing another 50 over world cup match using Bangladesh against Canada.

In the 20 Over and they have bowled only 2 wides.

I feel lucky that they bowl tight to me.

Sorry for you.

i heard some1 said use the CFG editor to reduce cursor size, which will reduce wides...but how do i go abt it the options are ODI 50 , 20 etc test hard ...ect...

Users who are viewing this thread