Tips for batting plz...

vivaki

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I love the game and I think its the best effort from EA sports and im really enjoying it.

Im playing on easy but I still find it difficult to hit the ball for four. All my runs seem to be 1's or 2's and ive only hit one 4. Even when the field is inside the circle I cant seem to get enough power or get it through the gaps...

Can someone who has hacked the batting gve me a few tips? Thanks :cool:

vivaki said:
I love the game and I think its the best effort from EA sports and im really enjoying it.

Im playing on easy but I still find it difficult to hit the ball for four. All my runs seem to be 1's or 2's and ive only hit one 4. Even when the field is inside the circle I cant seem to get enough power or get it through the gaps...

Can someone who has hacked the batting gve me a few tips? Thanks :cool:
Have you tried the power boost button?

is it true that its impossible to hit a four along the boundary? you have to use the 6 hit button and if u dont time it perfectly, then it will be a four?

anyone hit say a cover drive for for with no 6 hit button? or any other 4s along the carpet not including knicks

play yourself in first. get 4 or 5 single with your batsmen then let loose. in a 10 over game give your batsen 4 balls to get his eye in before u try a big hit. In a 20 over game maybe 6 or 7. I went from 28all out, 29all out, 33all out, 45 all out, 42all out, 74all out, 52all out, 142-6 (chanderpaul six sixes in an over!), 76-9, 102-9.... after that 142 pakistan went off like a train, they were 43-1 off 3 but i bowled then out for 101 in 9.3overs. also you dont want to throw away earlier wickets because proper batsmen qill be able to score runs better and easier than lower order batsmen at the end of the innings

Use L1 Power button or advance with circle!

i cant even beat USA because of my shoddy batting and i play as either aussies england or world XI teams lol :(

Jack1990 said:
play yourself in first. get 4 or 5 single with your batsmen then let loose. in a 10 over game give your batsen 4 balls to get his eye in before u try a big hit. In a 20 over game maybe 6 or 7. I went from 28all out, 29all out, 33all out, 45 all out, 42all out, 74all out, 52all out, 142-6 (chanderpaul six sixes in an over!), 76-9, 102-9.... after that 142 pakistan went off like a train, they were 43-1 off 3 but i bowled then out for 101 in 9.3overs. also you dont want to throw away earlier wickets because proper batsmen qill be able to score runs better and easier than lower order batsmen at the end of the innings

Use L1 Power button or advance with circle!

Play yourself in okay but then let loose? Im not talking about L1, ive got used to the L1 situation now but what I cant seem to do is hit four's along the ground?

Have you hit 4's along the ground without the L1?

ucant hit a four along the ground it is virtually impossible. U have to charge and hit over the top with L1 to hit sixes and fours. It is possible to pull for four with or without L1 and to cover drive, cut, and late cut for four but most people deal in sixes!

I used to hit fours with the cut shots and straight drive with cricket 2004. But here it's very difficult to get a boundary without using the six hit button.

i hit 3 4s in a row last night with tendulkar and they were all across the ground :D

the batting has been made alot harder in 2005 from 2004, myself ive had to revert to playing on easy to get used to the new system :(

Jack1990 said:
ucant hit a four along the ground it is virtually impossible. U have to charge and hit over the top with L1 to hit sixes and fours. It is possible to pull for four with or without L1 and to cover drive, cut, and late cut for four but most people deal in sixes!

You need to practice more mate.

You can hit 4's along the ground, it's all about timing it correctly.

Got my first century today in a test match with Michael Vaughan.

:D

Users who are viewing this thread