Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I don't know what the preference is for star players in general, but I was thinking that maybe we do away with them? The rationale behind that is that star players (which are virtual) occupy two valuable spots in the playing XI thereby forcing teams to bench real forum members who could otherwise have been slotted in. If we are short on signups maybe then having star players would come in handy but I feel it shouldn't cost any member a spot in starting XI.

In the end, no one would like seeing themselves sit out to accommodate a player who doesn't even exist in real life. You need people to be interested and having them in the team will do just that. Just my two cents....
Your two cents, makes more sense. I second this. :)
Post automatically merged:

I think it's down.
I didn't know that, but it's a good sim to use if it wasn't down. Will leave it to management to decide.

Verified Enigma

PlanetCricket's Sherlock Holmes
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Champions League Winner
Avengers
I personally think the cricket 19 will be too hectic for the management. I am saying this due to my past experience in using new sims. It is a herculean task as is so we should just respect whatever the simmers decide.
+1

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels
All partcipants & team members. :p
Will you watch 4 days of first class cricket?

Highlights would make sense but... the video editor would be drained, it's better we go with the best in class SyedurRahman. Just my opinion.

Na Maloom Afraad

Man of Tomorrow
The Boys
I say we use Cricket 19 as the simulator. What do you think @Na Maloom Afraad @Ohm @Yash. @RUDI ?
My personal point of view is that as a simmer, you want absolute autonomy over your ratings. I'm not sure C19 would allow for that, and secondly, I personally don't have C19 or any way of accessing it, so I wouldn't be able to run it anyways if we decide to go ahead with that as the official sim this time around. Also the points raised by Gaurav and Ali are spot on - it's gonna be too hectic to manage for us, and too much of a chore for the members to consume. Even if we go with the shortest format, I doubt there will be a lot of people who would be willing to sit through 3 and a half hours of a simulated game of cricket when they could literally be watching IPL in that time, or doing anything else. I barely have the time to listen to an hour-long podcast, I couldn't possibly sit through a 3 hour 30 minute game. And that's the shortest option.

And there is no way we are going to find a video editor on the forum who could condense that down to a 10-15 minute highlights package for about 20 games in T20s, 20 games in ODs, 20 games in FC and then playoffs for all the formats. Talk about a burn out.

Na Maloom Afraad

Man of Tomorrow
The Boys
I don't know what the preference is for star players in general, but I was thinking that maybe we do away with them? The rationale behind that is that star players (which are virtual) occupy two valuable spots in the playing XI thereby forcing teams to bench real forum members who could otherwise have been slotted in. If we are short on signups maybe then having star players would come in handy but I feel it shouldn't cost any member a spot in starting XI.

In the end, no one would like seeing themselves sit out to accommodate a player who doesn't even exist in real life. You need people to be interested and having them in the team will do just that. Just my two cents....
I 100% agree - as far as I'm aware, the only rationale of having them was to fill up spots in case we fall short on signups. If that's the case again, then we won't have any choice but to include star players to make up for the numbers. If we do however get as many users to signup as we can, then I'll be on the bandwagon of not having star players at all for sure. But @Yash. and @RUDI are going to have to make a call on that as well.

Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Will you watch 4 days of first class cricket?

Highlights would make sense but... the video editor would be drained, it's better we go with the best in class SyedurRahman. Just my opinion.
My personal point of view is that as a simmer, you want absolute autonomy over your ratings. I'm not sure C19 would allow for that, and secondly, I personally don't have C19 or any way of accessing it, so I wouldn't be able to run it anyways if we decide to go ahead with that as the official sim this time around. Also the points raised by Gaurav and Ali are spot on - it's gonna be too hectic to manage for us, and too much of a chore for the members to consume. Even if we go with the shortest format, I doubt there will be a lot of people who would be willing to sit through 3 and a half hours of a simulated game of cricket when they could literally be watching IPL in that time, or doing anything else. I barely have the time to listen to an hour-long podcast, I couldn't possibly sit through a 3 hour 30 minute game. And that's the shortest option.

And there is no way we are going to find a video editor on the forum who could condense that down to a 10-15 minute highlights package for about 20 games in T20s, 20 games in ODs, 20 games in FC and then playoffs for all the formats. Talk about a burn out.
One of the reasons why I suggested Digisims is that user gets an option to set maximum gameplay time so that it doesn't take forever to sim a match. If you want to stream an ODI match, it can be set at 30 mins too.

But unfortunately we don't have it up and running. Hence I'll be happy with CricSim. :)

Users who are viewing this thread