Transfer commentary.

manee

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Is it possible to transfer commentary from BLIC to cricket 2005 using the commentary exporter/importer?

I want to hear Bill Lawry on Cricket 2005..."Yes, got him, see you l8r"

i would have edited/transformed BLIC commentory into c2k5 if i had BLIC.

but the games not worth buying anyways. :p

well neither do i think it is possible ..you'l have to find the precise sound files then convert into the right size ,it should be clear and all sorts of conversions and blah blah blah....
so its pretty hectic.

ya... but the way i see ppl here trying to make cricket 2005 the perfect cricket game... i think the commentry import won't take long....

would love to hear relevant commentry even if its recorded by a user

It was done in Cricket 2004 with Brian Lara 99 commentary. So surely its possible to have it done again?

It would be a very long drawn out job...don't ask me to try!
I've just converted the first part of six BIN files.... ComData1 [Jonathan Agnew] to the correct speed [it's four times faster I think normally] using Goldwave.
It's now a 1.58 GB wav file and it lasts for 2 hours 40 minutes 34 secs! ... that's just part of the commentary.... five more to listen to.
Look forward to playing the Tony Grieg part, not sure which one it is yet.
The amount and depth of commentary in Brian Lara is really amazing .. not sure if all of of it could potentially be heard when playing but but you'd have to play a very long time to appreciate it.
I for one wish this was in the Cricket 2005 Game plus Richie Benaud... with everything in the correct place.

P.S. if anyone wants to try listening to the ComDat files in Goldwave, you have to alter the pitch by 50% [twice] and then it will play at the normal speed.

Last edited by a moderator:
BladeSteve said:
It would be a very long drawn out job...don't ask me to try!
I've just converted the first part of six BIN files.... ComData1 [Jonathan Agnew] to the correct speed [it's four times faster I think normally] using Goldwave.
It's now a 1.58 GB wav file and it lasts for 2 hours 40 minutes 34 secs! ... that's just part of the commentary.... five more to listen to.
Look forward to playing the Tony Grieg part, not sure which one it is yet.
The amount and depth of commentary in Brian Lara is really amazing .. not sure if all of of it could potentially be heard when playing but but you'd have to play a very long time to appreciate it.
I for one wish this was in the Cricket 2005 Game plus Richie Benaud... with everything in the correct place.

P.S. if anyone wants to try listening to the ComDat files in Goldwave, you have to alter the pitch by 50% [twice] and then it will play at the normal speed.

That would be very cool too bad it is unlikely to happen. :(

MP3 Sample of ComData3 [Tony Grieg] Just over 2 minutes.
The full Tony Grieg commentary lasts 1 hour 38min 37sec
Would like to hear some of this in Cricket 2005... I think he is one of the most entertaining commentators on Channel Four's Ashes coverage.
The first time most of us here in the UK have heard him commentating.

Attachments

• tonygriegsample.zip
    938.3 KB · Views: 107
Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder is EA can try and make the commentary more like this. Jus listening to Tony greig. Sounds AMAZING!!! I really wish EA could try and come close to this because there are about a thousand different phrases used in BLIC as opposed to about 20 or 30 in EA Sports Cricket.

Guess you could say that this is one aspect of cricket which EA failed to incorporate into the game.

I think that if EA would just spend some extra money on stuff like this then they wud prolly be able to make c 2k4 the #1 cricket game.

On the other hand, why cant EA join with codemasters? Isnt that possible? I wouldnt mind having a cricket game just every 2 years as long as it is top quality.

Burma's Finest said:
That's fine work but does anyone know where the commentary is stored in Cricket 2005?

It is stored in EA SPORTS Cricket 2005\data\pc\audio pbp.big

nice commentory by tony. steve if u can post me some TEAM/PLAYER NAMES
chanted by tony i'll try to edit it in c2k5.
coz team/player names are chanted very often

Last edited:
The commentry in cricket 2005 is absolutely shocking.
it is dull repetative and so far i have encountered a sack full of glitches.
It cant have been cheap to use Richie Benaud for the commentry but it does not do the game or the man justice.

Users who are viewing this thread