Transfer commentary.

A second cricket game on the market must make EA step up their game, a third could do much much more.

P.S. What other types of patches besides the ones already made, are expectable for cricket 2005.

Transfering commentary will be very difficult from BLIC, but EA commentary is very bad to say the least. Although I rate BLIC more than EA, atleast they have add reasonable animations and good graphics this time around.

iceman_waugh said:
well neither do i think it is possible ..you'l have to find the precise sound files then convert into the right size ,it should be clear and all sorts of conversions and blah blah blah....
so its pretty hectic.

Well, I've spent all day trying to make some headway with this damn problem. Unfortunately, it's extremely hard for a number of reasons.

1) I recorded some player names using my voice (and a microphone, obviously)
2) I found the appropriate player ID numbers by browsing through the XML files from the main .GOB
3) I then looked through the 7,500+ files in the pbp commentary .big to find where they are used. They are stored in two phrasings: 'Up' and 'Down', i.e. LISTS_PLAYERS_NAMES_NAMES_DOWN_65.asf and its equivalent: LISTS_PLAYERS_NAMES_NAMES_UP_65.asf. 65, in this case, refers to the name BELL.
4) I dutifully transformed my recorded wavs into asf using ditty importer only to find that they're 10 times larger than the originals.
5) Undeterred, I carried on, importing the new asf files into the pbp .big
6) I loaded up the game and somehow I still heard Richie Benaud's voice chanting out the names!!
7) Carelessness took hold of me as I decided that the only course of action was to use the 'rebuild' function in BigGUI.
8) Now I have no commentary at all. Time to re-install!! :brickwall :crying

Hmm. Well burma thats a terrible thing. I really hope that someone can figure out how to replace the boring commentary of richie and jim. I would love to hear tony's voice instead because it all sound real.

Hey BladeSteve, do you think you can post similar sample files of all the commentators just so that all of us can have a taste of BLIC commentary? I loved Tony's lines and wanna hear more of any commentator in BLIC.

Sample of David Gower from BLIC [ComData5] about 1 min 15 sec

More Tony Greig from BLIC [ComData3] 6 individually edited comments

Geoff Boycott from Channel 4 coverage. 5 comments with stereo crowd mixed in ... I use these in ICC 2002 in 'played and missed'

I wish the Cricket 2005 commentary was easy to manage like it is in ICC Captain 2002 [or 2005]
I've now got Richie Benaud, Tony Greig , David Gower, Jonathan Agnew and Geoff Boycott co-commentating in my ICC Captain 2002 game.
Very simple to just drop wavs into the appropriate folder in commentry [how it is spelt in ICC 2002]
All have stereo crowd mixed in for each comment.
Took ages but great when you hear it in the game.

Note: All sounds are reduced in quality for uploading reasons but still very listenable.

Attachments

• gowersample.zip
    593.6 KB · Views: 33
  • Tony_Greig_edited_comments.zip
    370.5 KB · Views: 36
  • boycott.zip
    444.7 KB · Views: 31
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, could u plz send me a video clip of either

1. BLC 99 commentary on cricket 2004

2. BLIC with commentary

Nice listening. Good that you were able to edit it. Really wish that EA would just take a look at other Cricket games and make one on their, or even in colaboration with sum1 like codemasters. HB SUCKS!!!!

to me it is possible i edited cricket 2002 with brain lara it worked to good for me.

Users who are viewing this thread