Tresco Situation

shoppy

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
What's the news on Trescothick following England's poor last few months? Is he on his way back, as there seems to be conflicting reports on the web on whether he is going to be back playing international cricket sooner rather than later after all the rumours (which range from depression to Steffan Jones having an affair, Vaughan and his missus to burnout and him having an affair to whatever next!?!?)?

The way the current one day set up is struggling it looks like we'd have him back straight away if he put his name back in the frame!

Whatever Tresco's problems are they arent any of yours, mine or anyone elses business. I'm sure he'll be welcomed back to the squad when he is ready to come back (if ever).

Helps who?

If you had a private personal problem would you like it being banded around on Forums and in Newspapers?

gambino said:
but it helps to know what his status is,
and wether he plans to come back and when

I doubt the ECB are as in the dark as we are, but that's understandable. All I hope is whatever problem Tres has is that he gets better. Timeline is irrelevant, he'll always be an England great imo.

He in my opinion needs to get through a full year of county cricket before we consider bringing him back. He has to be just right.

as good as he is i dont think he'll get back into the side who would get dropped?

duded64 said:
as good as he is i dont think he'll get back into the side who would get dropped?
Umm how about any of the top order, none has set the world alight recently.

Cooks young, vaughans captain, strauss is future capatain (i think), bell is supposed to be world class KP is world class, all i can see is colly being dropped and vaughan batting down the order which might work.

I would rather they gave the captaincy to someone younger after Vaughans gone. Instead of Strauss maybe Cook or i think we'd all like to see Monty ;)

seriously i think vaughan should bat no.6 he could do a very good job there, because if the higher order do well then he'd be in at the new ball but can also bat with the old ball. that leaves bell at 3 and KP can finally bat without running out of partners at the other end ;).

duded64 said:
seriously i think vaughan should bat no.6 he could do a very good job there, because if the higher order do well then he'd be in at the new ball but can also bat with the old ball. that leaves bell at 3 and KP can finally bat without running out of partners at the other end ;).

I think Bell would be a better bet at 6 with Vaughan at 2 or 3. Bell showed what he can do against Pakistan batting at 6. He plays spin very well, and would more often than not be able to come in with the ball not quite so new.

Leicester Fox said:
I would rather they gave the captaincy to someone younger after Vaughans gone. Instead of Strauss maybe Cook or i think we'd all like to see Monty ;)

If monty was captain he'd bowl all day.

Users who are viewing this thread