Tutorial for Making the Woodgrain Texture for Bats

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
I've knocked together a quick tutorial on how to create a wooden effect for bat making. This tutorial is based around the template for a C2004 bat, but of course it works for any Bat.

Thanks go to Burma's Finest for the blank template used in this tutorial.

step13pa.jpg

step20do.jpg

step35fx.jpg

step42zj.jpg

step53tk.jpg

step68pi.jpg

step76pu.jpg

step80iw.jpg

Last edited:

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
You see in the last pic that I have made the back of the bat 3 different shades by selecting areas and making them darker.

sid_19840

International Coach
bakshikshitiz said:
kev, i think you missed a part in this, when you have to colour the background brownish.

Just edit the brightness and contrast value and you can reach the shade of brown that you want to get.(keep the bat picture along so that you can compare the colour even better).I just made a grain using this technique,I could show you if you want.

Kshitiz_Indian

Executive member
sid_19840 said:
Just edit the brightness and contrast value and you can reach the shade of brown that you want to get.(keep the bat picture along so that you can compare the colour even better).I just made a grain using this technique,I could show you if you want.

sure please, because i am unable to make the grain.
after desaturating, i tried to change the opacity so many times, but no result. Please tell me how to do it.

sid_19840

International Coach
After desaturating it change the opacity to around 50,40 and 30 percent.Atleast this is what I did with my attempt.That still gave it a darkish look.So I used Brightness and Contrast in all my 3 layers so that my bat colour is similar to the picture I have.Here's my bat right now,not very good though,thats just my poor skill.The 3 layers in the screen are the ones I used for the grains.

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
Excellent Sid!

Yes the layers can make the bat a bit dark, very low opacity settings are required, or you can adjust the brightness of them as you did.

sid_19840

International Coach
bakshikshitiz said:
offtopic : - which version of the photoshop are you using sid?

Photoshop 6.I couldnt be bothered buying the latest versions with my low skills and rare usage.

KBC

Panel of Selectors
!!aummmm!!,No Offence Kev.But,....You Just Took The Pic When Lee Payne Signed In....

And Hey,That's A Brilliant Tut indeed(Wanted to post this an year before:p)....Lol!!!!!!!!................

Users who are viewing this thread