Tutsi Patch 4.1 Reviews And Reaction

T

the_gas

I love this patch as yet i cant really fault it in any way, what do you think guys?

Havent yet tried 4.1, but have used v4, and I must say it did what is was supposed to do (and that is to make the game more realistic).

However, I do feel, in v4, you can master the game, find the gaps and score runs pretty easily, even on a difficult batting track. So I reckon if you are playing test matches, you should Radaga v3 or v4, which really doesnt allow too many runs being scored in a day.(if you do , i am sure you would have lost a few wickets).

Originally posted by m_vaughan@Apr 23 2004, 07:01 AM
Havent yet tried 4.1, but have used v4, and I must say it did what is was supposed to do (and that is to make the game more realistic).

However, I do feel, in v4, you can master the game, find the gaps and score runs pretty easily, even on a difficult batting track. So I reckon if you are playing test matches, you should Radaga v3 or v4, which really doesnt allow too many runs being scored in a day.(if you do , i am sure you would have lost a few wickets).
meh i dont find that realistic imo. I find Tutsi's patches the best for realism in terms of bowling and batting. I suppose it depends how you approach the game, in test matches i only hit the balls im sure i can score off, anything to wide and its left alone, anything on the stumps or a reasonably full length is blocked. What i like about 4.1 is the height and placement of shots, especially the big shots, whilst a slight misjudgement in timing will see the ball go nowhere, a perfectly timed shot will go further rather than higher, if u see what i mean.

I'm looking forward to using this patch. My main criticism of most of the patches released so far is that some of the shots e.g. cut shot, square drive, cover drive are very difficult to play at all and generally I end up with limited shot selection.
That said I much prefer bowling with the AI patches.

Attachments

• screenshot.png
    screenshot.png
    20.8 KB · Views: 1
Originally posted by barmyarmy@Apr 23 2004, 08:27 AM
I'm looking forward to using this patch. My main criticism of most of the patches released so far is that some of the shots e.g. cut shot, square drive, cover drive are very difficult to play at all and generally I end up with limited shot selection.
That said I much prefer bowling with the AI patches.
well the cover drive could do with a little tweak maybe as i have yet to score a 4 from it, i normaly manage to run 3 though. Saying this i have never played this shot with a confidence meter more than a few blocks up. I have yet to time a square cut properly so im not sure how effective it is in this version

Originally posted by the_gas+Apr 23 2004, 07:06 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (the_gas @ Apr 23 2004, 07:06 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-m_vaughan@Apr 23 2004, 07:01 AM

However, I do feel, in v4, you can master the game, find the gaps and score runs pretty easily, even on a difficult batting track. So I reckon if you are playing test matches, you should Radaga v3 or v4, which really doesnt allow too many runs being scored in a day.(if&nbsp; you do , i am sure you would have lost a few wickets).
meh i dont find that realistic imo. I find Tutsi's patches the best for realism in terms of bowling and batting. I suppose it depends how you approach the game, in test matches i only hit the balls im sure i can score off, anything to wide and its left alone, anything on the stumps or a reasonably full length is blocked. What i like about 4.1 is the height and placement of shots, especially the big shots, whilst a slight misjudgement in timing will see the ball go nowhere, a perfectly timed shot will go further rather than higher, if u see what i mean.[/b][/quote]
I agree totally with your comments "Gas."

Tutsi's 4.1 update patch is the best yet, and as you say, it depends on how you approach the game.

I play mostly test matches so my tactics are much the same as yours, i.e. leaving wide deliveries, blocking on stumps deliveries, and generally picking out the right ball to score off.

When connecting right, the ball really motors through the gaps, I have managed a few cover drives but not much on the leg side, probably because I'm pretty crap at shots to mid wicket/ sq. leg.

Yeah, I'm pretty happy with this patch. Well done again Tuts. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread