TV Series General Discussion

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Finished season 2 of Invasion.

I enjoyed parts of Season 1 while it was not a great show, this second season was a drop in quality by comparison. Some of the writing is awful and there's no levity. Everyone is so boring or miserable. I guess that's understandable when the world has been turned upside down but people do use humour to get through difficult circumstances. What I wouldn't give for some Roland Emmerich style schlock.

Think Shioli Kutsuna was the only thing keeping me interested but I swear her character was so much more interesting and less one note in season one.

They introduced some tech billionaire guy whose actor left me baffled. Couldn't work out if he was awful at acting or just trying to act weird.

Well, at least Apple has Slow Horses back soon. I'm hoping For All Mankind maintains its upwards trajectory and I might have to check out the Godzilla show and hope there's plenty of Kurt Russell.

Bevab

Staff Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Watched Reacher S2. So far it hasn’t been as good as season 1 for me, the dialogue seems stilted and it feels less of Reacher being better than his enemies and more of the enemies being dumbed down if that makes sense. The book they’re adapting isn’t really suitable for a second season either, wish they went with the second book in the series instead but I wonder if they were afraid of it receiving backlash due to the current culture war.

Paranoid Kendroid

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
India
AUS..
RCB...
The Boys
MV5BNjI2MzdiN2QtYTIxNy00ZDNkLWJmNTgtOTIyNzczMGY2MzIxXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTMzNzIyNDc1._V1_.jpg

Finished watching Beef (netflix). One of the stupidest premise but the show is actually quite good in its stories and characters. Only gripe with the show is it ran too long considering its source material. Could have easily been two episodes less. 7.5/10. I liked it but the show was tiring at some points. I don't see how a 2nd season could work but would watch it anyways.

Bevab

Staff Member
Finally got around to starting the Foundation S2 after a recent binge on the many cop procedurals of the 2000s (may make a long winded post on them that nobody asked for to feel like I didn’t waste all of my time watching them). Just watched the first episode but it’s already surpassing WoT in terms of quality leap from a dismal first season.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
I watched Dead Ringers on Amazon. A remake of the David Cronenberg film. I usually avoid remakes, especially of things I like, but I couldn't sleep the other day.

It was very good and a well done a remake where it reinterprets the material to tell a similar but different story. Rachel Weisz is great in it (playing twins) and Jennifer Ehle plays an absolutely awful billionnaire.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Just started this. Wont say more at the moment, let's see where and how it goes.

View attachment 288822
Binge watched this yesterday. For fans of money heist, it might seem a tad chaotic, but then again, one needs to remember the spin off is for the character. There are moments/ episodes where you feel they dragged the entire thing and that could have been avoided. But overall, a decent one to watch.

Bigby Wolf

Verified
India
Mumbai Indians
The Boys
How is Reacher on prime?

Planning to watch this weekend.

Bevab

Staff Member
How is Reacher on prime?

Not as good as season one if I had to sum it up in one sentence for season two. Found the quality dipping with each successive episode. If you haven’t watched the first season though… I’d recommend that as it was great.

Will have to watch today’s episode. Will update this post once I do it tonight.

VC the slogger

PlanetCricket Forever
India
AFG...
Wish they had shown us the big fella take one last flight with Viserys via flashback like in the books in HoTD. This is a pretty good recreation someone made on YouTube..

Bevab

Staff Member
How is Reacher on prime?

Don’t know if you ended up watching but I found episode seven to be good, possibly the best of a poor season. Reacher finally has some good lines and they bring back the vibe of the last season (and the books in general) of him being the underdog and a fish out of water with nothing but his skills to rely on.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
Finished season 4 of For All Mankind. Felt a bit disappointed by it to be honest. Perhaps it's because the alternate timeline is feeling more removed from our world than before or maybe a lot of the 'gap' between season felt rushed past. Established characters just disappeared from the show, relationships/bonds were built off screen.

It really could have used a flashback episode to the time that was referenced on Mars.

Worried that the last three Apple shows have all had a dip in quality since the first season.

Anyway, onto Slow Horses season 4 and maybe that Godzilla show.

Bevab

Staff Member
Finished season 4 of For All Mankind. Felt a bit disappointed by it to be honest. Perhaps it's because the alternate timeline is feeling more removed from our world than before or maybe a lot of the 'gap' between season felt rushed past. Established characters just disappeared from the show, relationships/bonds were built off screen.

It really could have used a flashback episode to the time that was referenced on Mars.

Worried that the last three Apple shows have all had a dip in quality since the first season.

Anyway, onto Slow Horses season 4 and maybe that Godzilla show.

I guess this is the cosmic balance price they had to pay for Foundation being good now.

Bigby Wolf

Verified
India
Mumbai Indians
The Boys
Don’t know if you ended up watching but I found episode seven to be good, possibly the best of a poor season. Reacher finally has some good lines and they bring back the vibe of the last season (and the books in general) of him being the underdog and a fish out of water with nothing but his skills to rely on.
Only 1st episode I watched so far.

Found it a bit slow.

Users who are viewing this thread