Twenty20 Champions League

Who will win the Twenty20 Champions League 2009

• Total voters

rocky_g

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
The IPL teams have been thrown together with nothing but cash. Sussex, Somerset and in fact every other team in the tournament has been built over time and with development.

Yeah and IPL teams are just 2 years old. Give them time and then we will see. And players from Sussex and Somerset dont play for charity they also get cash and contracts. IPL teams have money and they are spending on it just like EPL teams. ;)

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Yeah and IPL teams are just 2 years old. Give them time and then we will see. And players from Sussex and Somerset dont play for charity they also get cash and contracts. IPL teams have money and they are spending on it just like EPL teams. ;)
That's one of the problems with them, the fact that the IPL teams have been thrown together.

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
I hope this drama ends this year. Who's idea was to hold it at this time of year?

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
It was a good concept just it got let down by the IPL teams not making it. Also to make it more global it should be staged in different countries but I can't see that happening.

I don't believe the timing is too much of a problem given the last BG series was held around this period.

P

pcfan123

I'd be betting on this tournament not returning. The interest level was very very low.

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
It was a good concept just it got let down by the IPL teams not making it. Also to make it more global it should be staged in different countries but I can't see that happening.

I don't believe the timing is too much of a problem given the last BG series was held around this period.

ya its not gona happen, but i want it in New York, Cali and Florida. i can promise it will bring more crowds then what it did in India

P

pcfan123

ya its not gona happen, but i want it in New York, Cali and Florida. i can promise it will bring more crowds then what it did in India

Where would they play though? It would probably not be financially viable if they had to rent out MLB stadia, and it would suck if they played on minor league fields or highschool fields.

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
I will reserve judgement until the end, my interest has dwindled a little though, and when you consider the T&T success story and some of performances on show that kinda surprises me.

Twenty20 is already getting a formulaic.

I'm sick to death of limited over cricket right now. A good innings is not hitting 40 off 23 balls ffs.

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
Where would they play though? It would probably not be financially viable if they had to rent out MLB stadia, and it would suck if they played on minor league fields or highschool fields.

the states that i picked have special made cricket ground.

lauderhill cricket stadium, FL. it took them 8 years to build that thing.

St. George Cricket Ground, NY. its one of the oldest cricket stadium.
and there are 2 other 1s in NY.

Woodley Cricket Field, LA.

MacLovin added 3 Minutes and 16 Seconds later...

Cricket Grounds | United States of America Cricket | Cricinfo.com

just found a list in CI.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Well you definitely can't keep leaving it in one country as it will get stale after a while. Australia generate good crowds and being able to see Langer, Gilly and co one last time would bring the fans in. England the home of T20 also get good crowds.

SciD

Chairman of Selectors

Its festival season here. Indian public hardly turns up for domestic teams. Any match involving international Indian side will get audience even if it was held in same place 365 days a year.

Just that our stadiums suck and watching domestic teams play is not worth it. CT was lucky to have 5000 odd crowds as the Challenger Series was played to empty stands.

scion_sid added 0 Minutes and 30 Seconds later...

Why exactly didn't Gibbs play the last game for the cobras? :confused:

He was ill.

mdoggie

Club Cricketer
Why exactly didn't Gibbs play the last game for the cobras? :confused:
The coach asked if any player woudl prefer not to play considering the bomb, and Gibbs decided against playing. At least that is as far as I know. At one time they only had 11 player coming to the ground.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Its festival season here. Indian public hardly turns up for domestic teams. Any match involving international Indian side will get audience even if it was held in same place 365 days a year.

Just that our stadiums suck and watching domestic teams play is not worth it. CT was lucky to have 5000 odd crowds as the Challenger Series was played to empty stands.

They could do if after the IPL I guess, that way the English players aren't on the back of a long domestic season and the IPL teams will be working more like a team.

Users who are viewing this thread