Twenty20 World Cup 2009 Warm-up Matches

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Here is a reason why: he was playing for Gloucestershire yesterday.

Glamorgan v Gloucestershire
Cricinfo - Midlands/Wales/West Division: Glamorgan v Gloucestershire at Cardiff, May 27, 2009

It's difficult to play at two places at once.

ZexyZahid added 5 Minutes and 5 Seconds later...

Hes batting higher than my Scottish guy usually would! But I've never heard of Mahmudullah before hence didn't think about picking him.

I actually have heard about him. He even played ODI's for Bangladesh in recent times.

Here is a profile: Cricinfo - Players and Officials - Mahmudullah

Debut at 25 July 2007 and his last ODI was at 23 January 2009.

If I remember it right he once hit a century and took 5 wickets in a match. Don't remember again which team. But I am guessing that was not an official match, but that is not shown in his statistics.

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
This is great. Ashraful scored 69 runs and Mahmudullah scored 54 runs. Tamim Iqbal was disappointing with 2 runs. The same with Shakib Al Hasan who scored only 4 runs. I need a lot of runs and wickets from him, so I don't have to bother about the rest of the competition, except the other ones who have him as captain.

ZexyZahid added 6 Minutes and 54 Seconds later...

This is bad. It seems Rubel Hossain got four wickets and MacLovin has him as bonus player. He has also Ashraful. Didn't know that.

ZexyZahid added 2 Minutes and 33 Seconds later...

Shakib Al Hasan got two wickets. :)

ZexyZahid added 6 Minutes and 46 Seconds later...

This is also good: Syed Rasel didn't play. But the bad part is that Rubel Hossain played today and took four wickets. Dirk Nannes didn't play, because of a flu.

Now I am noticing that ten Doeschate didn't even play. :mad It's a waste of a spot.

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
Cricinfo included two warm-up matches in the fixtures (Ireland v PCA Masters XI and Scotland v West Indies), but these shouldn't be included because they weren't in the original fixtures: Cricinfo - ICC World Twenty20 Warm-up Matches, 2009 - Fixtures

Strange thing is that of these matches cricinfo has already the scorecards, but not of Bangladesh v Netherlands.

Last edited:

Akash00

Panel of Selectors
Mashrafe got 2 wickets btw where is the full scorecard? Anyother site other than cricinfo?

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
CI will update it tomorrow, and there is one other site, but they dont show the details like CI do, so no help...

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
And cricinfo still hasn't got the scorecard, while the next match of Bangladesh vs Scotland will be underway in some hours.

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
I was expecting a clear distance from the rest of the people, except MacLovin, because they didn't have the players which performed in previous match.

Now I saw the result of Bangladesh vs Scotland. This is bad. Rubel Hossain got 5 wickets! :mad Luckily Mahmudullah scored 46 runs and took 1-29. That's about 71 points from him. But Rubel Hossain took 5-16, which gives him 127 points. Tamim Iqbal finally performed with 33 runs.

Aussie1st should be happy, because Neil McCallum scored 50 runs.

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
back at the top 3, thanks to Rubel!

MacLovin added 1 Minutes and 12 Seconds later...

^^ wait did you just say Rubel got 5?? vs Scotland?? i thought you were talkin about vs Dutch game

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
at school, or else would have scored right now. if any 1 wants to score then go ahead. or you can wait for me for 2 more hrs :D

i am just missing Riyad

Users who are viewing this thread